EarthBound Player’s Guide PDFs
May 13th, 2010 | EarthBound 64
The other day, I posted about how Shigesato Itoi recently joined Twitter. I was reading through a lot of comments to him just now and came across this, which I’ve translated into English:
aoki818 @itoi_shigesato It’s been a really long time, Mr. Itoi. This is Aoki, I was on the staff of the old Mother 3 (the one that wasn’t released). I heard you joined Twitter, so I thought I’d follow you.
Looking up some info, it looks like this person is Toshinao Aoki, and he was the monster designer for EarthBound 64. He also did a lot of Pokemon-related stuff, TV animation stuff, and character designs for other games. If you’re interested, you can follow his Twitter here, or his web site here, or his pixiv site here. I don’t think he speaks English though, so the language barrier might be a little intense.
It’d be cool to interview him for something. I’m really busy these days though, so I’ll see if one of my fellow Japanese-knowers would be interested in setting something up with him. It’d be really cool to hear more inside talk about the game, especially the monsters!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Following the Twitter Trail
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues