Ninten’s Mom Has an Official Name
May 13th, 2010 | EarthBound 64
The other day, I posted about how Shigesato Itoi recently joined Twitter. I was reading through a lot of comments to him just now and came across this, which I’ve translated into English:
aoki818 @itoi_shigesato It’s been a really long time, Mr. Itoi. This is Aoki, I was on the staff of the old Mother 3 (the one that wasn’t released). I heard you joined Twitter, so I thought I’d follow you.
Looking up some info, it looks like this person is Toshinao Aoki, and he was the monster designer for EarthBound 64. He also did a lot of Pokemon-related stuff, TV animation stuff, and character designs for other games. If you’re interested, you can follow his Twitter here, or his web site here, or his pixiv site here. I don’t think he speaks English though, so the language barrier might be a little intense.
It’d be cool to interview him for something. I’m really busy these days though, so I’ll see if one of my fellow Japanese-knowers would be interested in setting something up with him. It’d be really cool to hear more inside talk about the game, especially the monsters!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Following the Twitter Trail
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.