Old EarthBound Preview in Australian Magazine
May 13th, 2010 | EarthBound 64
The other day, I posted about how Shigesato Itoi recently joined Twitter. I was reading through a lot of comments to him just now and came across this, which I’ve translated into English:
aoki818 @itoi_shigesato It’s been a really long time, Mr. Itoi. This is Aoki, I was on the staff of the old Mother 3 (the one that wasn’t released). I heard you joined Twitter, so I thought I’d follow you.
Looking up some info, it looks like this person is Toshinao Aoki, and he was the monster designer for EarthBound 64. He also did a lot of Pokemon-related stuff, TV animation stuff, and character designs for other games. If you’re interested, you can follow his Twitter here, or his web site here, or his pixiv site here. I don’t think he speaks English though, so the language barrier might be a little intense.
It’d be cool to interview him for something. I’m really busy these days though, so I’ll see if one of my fellow Japanese-knowers would be interested in setting something up with him. It’d be really cool to hear more inside talk about the game, especially the monsters!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Following the Twitter Trail
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...