M2 vs. EarthBound: Monkey Caves
May 13th, 2010 | EarthBound 64
The other day, I posted about how Shigesato Itoi recently joined Twitter. I was reading through a lot of comments to him just now and came across this, which I’ve translated into English:
aoki818 @itoi_shigesato It’s been a really long time, Mr. Itoi. This is Aoki, I was on the staff of the old Mother 3 (the one that wasn’t released). I heard you joined Twitter, so I thought I’d follow you.
Looking up some info, it looks like this person is Toshinao Aoki, and he was the monster designer for EarthBound 64. He also did a lot of Pokemon-related stuff, TV animation stuff, and character designs for other games. If you’re interested, you can follow his Twitter here, or his web site here, or his pixiv site here. I don’t think he speaks English though, so the language barrier might be a little intense.
It’d be cool to interview him for something. I’m really busy these days though, so I’ll see if one of my fellow Japanese-knowers would be interested in setting something up with him. It’d be really cool to hear more inside talk about the game, especially the monsters!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Following the Twitter Trail
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...