MOTHER 1+2 Translation Released
May 13th, 2010 | EarthBound 64
The other day, I posted about how Shigesato Itoi recently joined Twitter. I was reading through a lot of comments to him just now and came across this, which I’ve translated into English:
aoki818 @itoi_shigesato It’s been a really long time, Mr. Itoi. This is Aoki, I was on the staff of the old Mother 3 (the one that wasn’t released). I heard you joined Twitter, so I thought I’d follow you.
Looking up some info, it looks like this person is Toshinao Aoki, and he was the monster designer for EarthBound 64. He also did a lot of Pokemon-related stuff, TV animation stuff, and character designs for other games. If you’re interested, you can follow his Twitter here, or his web site here, or his pixiv site here. I don’t think he speaks English though, so the language barrier might be a little intense.
It’d be cool to interview him for something. I’m really busy these days though, so I’ll see if one of my fellow Japanese-knowers would be interested in setting something up with him. It’d be really cool to hear more inside talk about the game, especially the monsters!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Following the Twitter Trail
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...