Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

May 3rd, 2010 | Images, Merchandise, MOTHER 1

Andrew sent this in just recently:

I designed boxart in the spirit of the original Mother for EarthBound (NES) and is now available through: http://www.uncletusk.com/node/357

You can find out more information here.

It definitely looks cool. From the moment I first saw this project starting, I wondered if eBay profiteers would try to use it to sell their EB0 bootlegs. Given that the boxes cost $25 each, it’s probably not too likely. It also seems kind of uncool to put it up for sale when it was based on a lot of work done by other people on the Starmen.Net forums, maybe they can at least get a free copy of one or something.

Anyway, this makes me wonder what the official box art would’ve lookd like. It sounded like the guys at Nintendo were even working on a guide for the game before it was canceled, so they probably had some sort of box art in mind too. I get the feeling this one would look better though 😛

19 Comments to Fan-Made EarthBound Zero Box

Ice Sage said on May. 3, 2010

This is just awesome. Definitely planning on getting one, especially considering the work he put into making it. Too bad he doesn’t get any of the profit.

Churly said on May. 3, 2010

Glad they called it just “Earth Bound” and NOT “Earthbound Zero.”

Earthbound_X said on May. 3, 2010

It’s been a while since I’ve seen an actual NES game box, they didn’t hold up very well.

Charley said on May. 3, 2010

Is it me or does the “UND” look like “UNO”?

Kyoo said on May. 4, 2010

it’s just you Charley

Kyoo said on May. 4, 2010

hmmm this makes me wonder if the fan box for the regular sized snes earthbound box will ever be made. (with the old not used box art)

Deraj626 said on May. 4, 2010

Can anybody find a picture were you can read the text on the back?

Wumpus said on May. 4, 2010

Thx, Druyu. I was just about ready to start up about how it looked like the guy put the new Nintendo Seal on there, instead of the old one. The new seal doesn’t say “of quality” anymore.

But it’s the old one, and all is good. Kudos!

LucasTizma said on May. 4, 2010

Ack. More people using the art from that guide I scanned?

Uncletusk said on May. 4, 2010

Hey guys, Glad there’s such an interest in these boxes. Glad I could put my skills to good use. I’m kind of new to the whole, 1 at a time boxes, usually things like this are made in large quantities, so, being 25 was so expensive, and what not, I really didn’t know what to charge, lots of labor goes into making just 1. Anyways, I thought it was reasonable for the amount of work put in. I’ve dropped the price for now. So, come and get it while they are cheap.

Priced at $18 now. check it out.

Kyoo said on May. 4, 2010

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK DRuyu, <—-saw I had cap locks on almost too late.

if I had a repro cart (that's what they are called right) I'd so get this box….. if I had a job and money to spend…

neonix said on May. 4, 2010

I remember watching this project’s development a while back. It really turned out very nice, though two things bother me: The fan-art used on the back (I think the official clay models would have been a better choice, and consistent with EB’s SNES boxart), and speaking of caps lock, the bottom right corner, for some weird reason, says “Shigesato ITOI.” I don’t understand why it’s like that, lol. 😛

But I can’t complain, it’s a job well done and well accepted. 🙂

Oh it also seems they lowered the price to $18.

Ice Sage said on May. 4, 2010

MOTHER’s clay models look kind of creepy (at least to me), and the art that used looks good and fitting for the game, so I don’t mind. I actually think it was a better choice, since it’s some of the best art of the MOTHER cast out there that I’ve seen.

Also, it seems that some of you don’t realize that druyu is the one who made it 😛 .

blizzardjesus said on May. 4, 2010

I’ve been working on one of these for a few years now, project got stalled. Couldn’t find a back translation. Can’t believe some one beat me to it.
I’m a little sad.

druyu said on May. 4, 2010

@neonix I didn’t use the clay models because I could not find pictures of them that were high enough quality. Also, the Itoi is all capitals because that’s how it was on the Mother box http://i42.tinypic.com/xpojo3.jpg

LucasTizma said on May. 4, 2010

@druyu, just curious: where did you get the art for the back of the box?

Keiji Dragon / OKei said on May. 4, 2010

Really awesome! Thought it looked so convincing that I almost fell for it.

neonix said on May. 5, 2010

Hah, i can’t believe I own a CIB MOTHER and I never noticed ‘ITOI’ was caps’d like that. It’s too bad you didn’t ask someone liek me or LT to scan the box for you to use the clay models. EIther of us would have done it.

Either way, it’s really nice stuff, good job and congrats. 😀