Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
May 5th, 2010 | EarthBound
For a while now I thought it’d be really cool if someone could hack an achievement system into EarthBound, it’d be neat and give players a new way to enjoy a game we’ve all played to death by now.
An actual ROM hack of EarthBound to create such a system would take absolutely incredible ROM programming knowledge and huge amount of time, so I don’t think that’ll ever happen. So something like a LUA script for an emulator might work instead. (Here’s an example of how LUA can do a lot for old games.) Or maybe it’d be possible to add it to the MOTHER 1+2 ROM. I dunno, but the idea’s been brewing in my head for a long time now. I don’t think I’ll ever have the time to actually implement such a system, but it’s neat to think about.
There could be some simple achievements like “Win the Sword of Kings” and “Beat Frank at XX level”. There could also be some things like “Beat the game in 8 hours” or “Beat 100 Insane Cultists in one battle”. And then really crazy stuff I can’t even think of.
If it WERE possible to give EarthBound an optional achievement system, what kind of interesting achievements do you think could it have?
Other Related Posts:
69 Comments to EarthBound Achievements
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.