May 14th, 2010 | EarthBound, Images

A game called 3D Dot Game Heroes recently hit the PS3. I’ll skip an explanation of the game here, but I guess you’re also able to make custom characters or something in it? Anyway, Super2dcow over on the Starmen.Net forums made a Ness character!

Not sure what this is, but here’s a zip file with some probably relevant data.

Is the game any good? I’ve been thinking of getting it sometime, it looks pretty cool. I also wonder what other EarthBound stuff fans might make. Giygas on the PS3!

15 Comments to 3D Dot Hero Ness

Earthbound_X said on May. 14, 2010

I don’t think that Zip file will work, it needs to be in a folder that says PS3, so it’s missing parts.

So get a flash drive, make a folder called PS3, then inside that, make a folder called SAVEDATA, then unzip that inside the SAVEDATA folder.

Jason said on May. 14, 2010

Friday Night Gaming just played this tonight. I missed it live, unfortunately. Check out the recording if you want to see the game:

Earthbound_X said on May. 14, 2010

Just tried him out, pretty cool, though he could look a little better, though it’s much better then anything I could make.

It’s a real fun game, if you loved the original NES Legend of Zelda, you’ll like this game.

Onion said on May. 14, 2010

Master Belch or Mr.Saturn would be rad chilis. Kraken too.

Kyoo said on May. 14, 2010

okay I’ve come to the conclusion now, that any game that has customization, will be customized to earthbound, some way form or fashion. and that makes me happy 😀

neonix said on May. 15, 2010

The zip file isn’t really missing anything; it’s just assuming that if you’re using it, you know where to drop save files. 😛

Too bad I don’t have a PS3, else I’d be all over this game.

Earthbound_X said on May. 15, 2010

Someone at the Gamefaqs message made a Pokey/Porky in the machine.

It’s just a picture though, no way to download it.

[…] Check out more screens here Permalink […]

rusty_soup said on May. 15, 2010

I made 2D and 3D Claus’ head a while ago using the trial online character creator. Gotta go do him full-body and in the actual game.

_oMeGa_ said on May. 15, 2010

I was working on a Ninten character, but once I finished his standing pose, I realized I had him facing the wrong direction. T_T

Kyoo said on May. 15, 2010

OMG, it’s amazing how they made it so you can upload and download your charactors too and from the net with zip files.. I’m so getting this game and making it mother/Dragon quest filled to the max.

Sam said on May. 16, 2010

Whoa, that’s WONDERFUL! Pretty accurate–I’ll have to download this hero when I get the game. How I hadn’t thought of making that, I’ll never know. Actually, I never really put much thought into it, but still–you’d think all EB veterans would have thought of it, but NOOOO.

Deej said on May. 16, 2010

There’s also a few EB references in the homerun bat and I believe one of the loading screens…

Ness said on May. 16, 2010