April 11th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up

The last few weeks have been busy and tiring, so I’ve been neglecting a few things at the site, particularly these weekly round-ups. I think I’ll stop with the numbering system since it’s hard to keep track when you skip a few weeks ๐Ÿ˜›

Anyway, let’s get down to it, here’s what EarthBound stuff happened in the past week elsewhere on the web.

Community News

I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if youโ€™ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Things have been kind of quiet on the EarthBound merchandise front the past few weeks. Still, here are some recent things worth mentioning.

Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And stuff on Amazon:

Whatโ€™s Up With Itoi

• I haven’t been paying too much attention to Itoi’s stuff lately, mostly I just gloss over everything looking for Mother series stuff now. But one thing I do recall is that he recently visited some cherry tree that’s over 400 years old or something like that. It’s cherry blossom season in Japan so he’s been talking about that on and off lately.

Final Thought

It’d be nice to think that all this recent revival of Mother series merchandise might mean something’s on the horizon or that Itoi’s interested in the games again. That’s just wishful thinking, though. I look forward to seeing all the new merchandise coming later this year at least.

22 Comments to Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 11, 2010

pooppoop said on Apr. 11, 2010

i love that little dog itoi always has around

also that “hard bosses that were worth it” link set off a bunch of security filters on my computer

blahmoomoo said on Apr. 11, 2010

This ain’t March!

Anyway, it’s nice to see these weekly roundups again.

Mato said on Apr. 11, 2010

Heh, you’re right. My sense of time is really off lately. I fixed the title.

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 11, 2010

The name link for that comment still says weekly-round-up-for-mar-11-2010. That’s what it says.

Chas Guidry said on Apr. 11, 2010

I know Itoi talked about how someone else would have to make MOTHER 4 is that were to happen, but that was around the time of MOTHER 3’s release. Now that a few years have passes, I’m willing to bet ideas for a new MOTHER game pop into his head every now and then, even if he has no serious intent to do anything with those ideas at the moment.

With this recent merchandise release, I wonder if it’s not at attempt, in some small part, to satisfy Itoi’s itch for the series.

Not saying anything major will come from it, I just think this might show that it’s hard for someone like Itoi to shake something like the MOTHER series, something he’s invested so much time and emotion into.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 11, 2010

Geez Mato, it’s not like you have any other things going on . . . dot dot dot DOT DOT DOT ใพใ‚‹ใ€€ใพใ‚‹ใ€€ใพใ‚‹

Greenzsx87 said on Apr. 11, 2010

What is Itoi’s dog’s name again? I do not recall at all.

Komaru said on Apr. 11, 2010

At Greenzsx87:
It’s Boullion, I’m pretty sure.

Onion said on Apr. 11, 2010

The Mr.Saturn mocked up as though from Stand Alone Complex is pretty funny.

Anyways I’m hoping Itoi decides to release the Mother trilogy on the DS (or…3DS?) eventually. It would involve comparatively little to port all three I’d imagine. Pure speculation and personal hoping but…it’d be nice.

Kyoo said on Apr. 12, 2010

onion, I thought your name was funny till I heard the name Neji. as in onion, and now your name seems perfectly okay. anyway. I was so sad when I missed my weekly roundup. I thought that maybe something has happened to mato…… tomato and onions are ingredients I put in almost all my foods.

MarioFan3 said on Apr. 12, 2010

Hmm, there seems to still be the persistent and patient fans who anxiously await Nintendo to revive/continue currently abandoned (it’s not the word I’m looking for but…) franchises, especially the Mother series. It’s strange, at the moment it looks like the Mother series is going to receive the “Kid Icarus” treatment from now on. I wonder if promising fangames like Mother4 might spark something in Itoi with new ideas somehow, he just wants to be the player for now, but who says he might not change his mind later?

@Onion: I dunno about putting it on the 3DS, I’d get dizzy after playing Mother3 for an hour on that thing! XD Although, it would be pretty cool if they remade them in 3D for the Wii2 (or something like that). I would SO import that from Japan, and I would learn Japanese just to play the game! Be a headache for fans to translate though. (Mato would need a cloning device! ๐Ÿ˜€ )

neonix said on Apr. 12, 2010

Cherry blossoms are cool.

[…] Link addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink […]

Darien said on Apr. 12, 2010

Itoi’s dog is called “Bouillon,” actually, from the French meaning “broth.” Like the cubes.

If you’ll believe this, I made an ass of myself almost exactly a year ago on this very web site by talking about this and comically not knowing anything about anything.

Komaru said on Apr. 12, 2010

At Darien:
Ah, sorry. It was spelled that way in a post here on EBC ( http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/07/weekly-round-up-27 ), so I thought that was it.

Komaru said on Apr. 12, 2010

At Darien:
Ah, sorry. It was spelled that way once in an article here on EBC, (/2009/07/weekly-round-up-27) so I thought that might be it.

Darien said on Apr. 12, 2010

Yeah. Very very easy mistake to make, especially given the similarity to the word “bullion.”

Dadalama said on Apr. 12, 2010

I wish I new Japanese so I can follow his site.

Greenzsx87 said on Apr. 12, 2010

Either way I got the gist of his name. I love that little nugget.

KingMike said on Apr. 13, 2010

Wow. The $3000 EB listing.
Not only is the shipping not free, but the dude wants $50.
How much does the plastic coffins weigh? ๐Ÿ˜›

Poe said on Apr. 13, 2010

Hah, “plastic coffin” is a good way to describe that thing.

neonix said on Apr. 13, 2010

Just don’t go burying it underground!

Find Merchandise!