EarthBound Zero-Themed Philosophy Video
April 11th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up
The last few weeks have been busy and tiring, so I’ve been neglecting a few things at the site, particularly these weekly round-ups. I think I’ll stop with the numbering system since it’s hard to keep track when you skip a few weeks 😛
Anyway, let’s get down to it, here’s what EarthBound stuff happened in the past week elsewhere on the web.
- The HyperBound blog was updated a few times recently, definitely check it out!
- Will Earthbound be on the Virtual Console?
- 9 Fantastically Hard Boss Battles That Were Worth It
- Dear Nintendo: A Few Menial Requests from Your Dearest Fanboy
- This Mr. Saturn thing is actually kind of old, but still worth checking out
I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
Things have been kind of quiet on the EarthBound merchandise front the past few weeks. Still, here are some recent things worth mentioning.
Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- EarthBound complete set
- MOTHER 2 cart on sale for the next two days
- Mini Mr. Saturn plushes on sale for the next few hours!
- That $3000 copy of EarthBound is back
- MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn preorder strap
- A bit lot of Super NES games, including EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, and more
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Mr. Saturn stickers from that event last week
- MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn Art Book
- Strategy guide for Itoi’s Super Famicom fishing game
And stuff on Amazon:
- EarthBound cartridges starting at $88 this week
- EarthBound Player’s Guides starting at $65 this week!
What’s Up With Itoi
- I haven’t been paying too much attention to Itoi’s stuff lately, mostly I just gloss over everything looking for Mother series stuff now. But one thing I do recall is that he recently visited some cherry tree that’s over 400 years old or something like that. It’s cherry blossom season in Japan so he’s been talking about that on and off lately.
It’d be nice to think that all this recent revival of Mother series merchandise might mean something’s on the horizon or that Itoi’s interested in the games again. That’s just wishful thinking, though. I look forward to seeing all the new merchandise coming later this year at least.
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 11, 2010
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues