Random Post:

EarthBound Everywhere
 EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

April 18th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up

Gonna make this round-up especially brief this week, but it’s got some good stuff!

Return of the MOTHER Comic Series

Good ol’ kenisu once worked on a really good and detailed comic series about the often-neglected MOTHER 1 / EarthBound Zero. After a lengthy break, the series is finally underway again! If you haven’t seen it before, you’re missing out. See here!

Return of the School Band Stuff

Last year I posted about EBisumaru and a school band that played a MOTHER 3 song last year (see here). It’s gonna happen again this year, here are the details:

You’ve covered the GSO before, I thought you might want to again. In case you’ve forgotten, we’re a 100-person orchestra with chorus that plays video game music.

We’re having a concert on Saturday, the 8th of May. One of the songs played will be “Oh, Buta Mask!” I am told it is from Mother 3 and has multiple names. It’s kinda marchy. We’ll also be playing stuff from Final Fantasy, Katamari, Zelda, and more. There’s more info on our site: http://umd.gamersymphony.org/ , and MP3s right here: http://umd.gamersymphony.org/?page_id=16. We’re located near Washington, DC, in College Park, MD.

If you’re in the area, see if you can go! And if you can’t, then at least there are MP3s πŸ˜€

Well, that’s all for this week’s super-quick round-up.

15 Comments to Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 18, 2010

Edracon said on Apr. 18, 2010

I couldn’t stand listening to their mp3s. they are sooooo out of tune it’s not even funny. somehow even their trumpets are having clarinet squeaks. πŸ™

BroBuzz said on Apr. 18, 2010

I love the comic! But where can I find the first pages of it?

BroBuzz said on Apr. 18, 2010

NVM I found it!

Alek said on Apr. 18, 2010

i totally agree. i listened to the first 5 seconds and i felt like my head was buzzing. Dx

Johnwalt said on Apr. 18, 2010

Omg O_o
the band was not that great D:
so out of tune πŸ™
I tried to listen to it…but i couldnt D:

kenisu said on Apr. 18, 2010

Thanks for the plug, Mato πŸ˜‰

Kyoo said on Apr. 18, 2010

I love kenisu’s art style, I don’t know much about art. so I can describe what it is I like about it. I don’t know if this makes sense… I like the lines. and the curves. and the angles… I… don’t know if that makes any sense. but it’s awesome.

MG said on Apr. 18, 2010

@Johnwalt and Edracon

It seems fine to me, not out of tune at all. Sounds like our orchestra.

MG said on Apr. 18, 2010

Well, now that I listen to it a little more, it’s only the brass that are out of tune.

Aipe said on Apr. 18, 2010

Music isn’t great…
But I do live 20 minutes from College Park. I might go check it out.

Kyoo said on Apr. 19, 2010

@MG I hear all sorts of out of tune, and false timing. I feel that a lot of the JR. Highs around here could probably play music better. but then again. when I was at the annual spring parade this year,and i thought that the Jr. High/middle school kids were better than the high school kids. some of the best school bands I’ve heard in my life. (from all the states I’ve lived in and that’s a lot). but I’ll take video game music anyway I can find it πŸ˜›

MG said on Apr. 19, 2010

@Kyoo I never said they had perfect timing, I was just commenting about the tuning. I do feel the sense that the percussion is dragging/rushing compared to the band.

Kyoo said on Apr. 19, 2010

@MG it’s always the percussion when it deals with timing issues. the mother 3 song is fantastic (with some timing issues) but some of their other stuff is off tune in places (like SOM)

Btandy said on Apr. 20, 2010

I love it’s art style.It reminds me of Garfield (see Jon fox example)