EarthBound Completed in 9 Minutes
For a long time I hoped someone would try a speed run of MOTHER 3 of some sort, whether it’s a real playthrough or a tool-assisted one. It looks like someone has finally started working on a TAS of the game, here’s part 1:
I guess most people wouldn’t consider this a legit TAS since it’s using a modified ROM. But I personally don’t care, it’s cool to see someone pushing the limits of the hacks that Jeff and I had to make to get the game into English and have the game still function and not die 😛
Has anyone tried a single-run non-tool-assisted run of the game yet? What are the completion times looking like? I’m guessing a fast real-life run would be in the 7-10 hour range. I don’t have the time or energy to try one myself though.
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to MOTHER 3 Tool Assisted Speed Run
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!