MOTHER 1+2&3 in German Gamepro
April 30th, 2010 | MOTHER 3
When Jeffman and I worked on the MOTHER 3 translation, we realized there was a lot of 8×8 font stuff going on in the game, so we had to make a modified version of the EarthBound font for those instances. Well, Mirz has taken that font and made it into a real font file you can use on your computer!
Hey there. I have been working on a version of the Mother3 font which is used on the pick-a-name screen. It’s a version of the main font (which is replicated with the Appleboy font), but it features the characters as they appear in the upper name box. The most prominent difference being that the y and other “hanging” letters are condensed so they don’t fall below the baseline. I have also replaced several of the lesser-used characters with symbols included on the input screen, like the music note, etc.
Anyhow, I’m not sure if you or your readers would be interested in it. Took me quite a while to do, but I’m happy with the results.
You can find a link to the font and a downloadable version on my deviantART page.
Now you too can use the custom font we made for the fan translation!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to Mini MOTHER 3 Font!
Featured Item on eBay:
Rare MOTHER 2 Doseisan Plush doll With trash box NEW Free ship
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues