Silly Nintendo, That’s the Wrong System
April 30th, 2010 | MOTHER 3
When Jeffman and I worked on the MOTHER 3 translation, we realized there was a lot of 8×8 font stuff going on in the game, so we had to make a modified version of the EarthBound font for those instances. Well, Mirz has taken that font and made it into a real font file you can use on your computer!
Hey there. I have been working on a version of the Mother3 font which is used on the pick-a-name screen. It’s a version of the main font (which is replicated with the Appleboy font), but it features the characters as they appear in the upper name box. The most prominent difference being that the y and other “hanging” letters are condensed so they don’t fall below the baseline. I have also replaced several of the lesser-used characters with symbols included on the input screen, like the music note, etc.
Anyhow, I’m not sure if you or your readers would be interested in it. Took me quite a while to do, but I’m happy with the results.
You can find a link to the font and a downloadable version on my deviantART page.
Now you too can use the custom font we made for the fan translation!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to Mini MOTHER 3 Font!
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.