RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)

April 17th, 2010 | Itoi, Uncommon Knowledge

The guys at Tiny Cartridge covered this recently (see here), but I thought I’d briefly touch on it here too.

Shigesato Itoi’s company will be releasing a DSi ware app next week intended to help users keep track of their health. Itoi started posting some discussion about it here yesterday and will be posting the rest of the parts of the discussion over the next few days, like he does with most of his stuff.

The app is going to be free, which is pretty interesting. It’s actually more like just a digital version of part of his famous notebook planner things, so that’s probably why.

Similarly, his company also produces and releases a DSi train map app every year. I don’t remember if I’ve covered it before, but you can see the official site here.

Back in 2006, Itoi mentioned in an interview that although he wouldn’t be working on a MOTHER 4, the DS has really changed things and that he might like it if his own company made some little things for it too. Things that weren’t exactly games but stuff that wasn’t tough to make and could use the potential the DS offered. So that’s what led to these little apps.

14 Comments to Itoi Releases Stuff for the DSi

Kyoo said on Apr. 17, 2010

if only this came out in teh USA, I’d be all over it!

TheMetroidMan said on Apr. 17, 2010

Mother 4 is doctor sim confirmed.

In all seriousness, its cool to see the man still do stuff with games. I thought he was done after Mother 3.

Onion said on Apr. 17, 2010

It would be so rad to have Itoi’s job. Companies just approach him to make cool stuff and he has enough left over to do whatever he wants (like those rad veggie growing DVD’s) and then some.

Good guy, that Itoi.

KingDarian said on Apr. 17, 2010

This is an interesting application, and I’d love to give it a try. If only the language barrier didn’t exist.

mr.yoshiboy64 said on Apr. 17, 2010

if they do make this in america id download it asap
maybe there will be some earthbound\ mother refrences

Poe said on Apr. 18, 2010

I didn’t even know they made apps for the DSi. Do we have apps in America? I’m so out of touch D:

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 18, 2010

Uhhh, yeah. It’s called DSiWare.

J said on Apr. 18, 2010

Hm, I wonder if the wii can transmit data to this DSiWare. Or am I going to lie to squirrel doctor about my weight.

Gon said on Apr. 18, 2010

You can’t lie to squirrel doctor, he stares into your soul.

Scott Winston said on Apr. 18, 2010

What’s going on with the woman’s head in that picture?

Poe said on Apr. 18, 2010

^ Her hair moved in front of her face. Physics! 😀

Jungyin said on Apr. 18, 2010

@Mr. Saturn

I don’t think Poe was asking whether American DSis have DSiWare or not, but asking whether American DSis have non gaming DSiWare, referred to as apps (applications) by some.

If that’s the case, then yes, the American DSi has things like notebooks and clocks and stuff, but not nearly as many apps as Japan does, I believe.

Roido said on Apr. 21, 2010

Not a Mother 4 until Now
but i would like a Mother 3 DS
as well a 32 Bit Remake of Earthbound with all the Mother 3 features.

The Dark Giygas said on Apr. 22, 2010

@Roido

That would be quite awesome, and I hear that there are fan projects for a Mother 4.

Find Merchandise!