A MOTHER 1+2 & 3 Interview
Popular Posts:None found
The Giant Mr. Saturn arcade event in Japan ended not too long ago, and I’ve been watching for reports from eventgoers.
I plan to update this post for the next day or so as more info comes in, so check back regularly!
This person (we’ll call him/her “B”) spent like two hours trying to catch the MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn in a crane game, just as they were almost out. Immediately after, was able to get one of the new mini Mr. Saturns.
Here’s a photo with the giant Mr. Saturn:
B then tried to list the upcoming prizes that were on display to the best of his/her ability:
- MOTHER Character Figures #1: Ninten, Ana, Teddy
- MOTHER Character Figures #2: Lloyd, Pippi
- MOTHER 2 Character Figures #1: Ness, Paula, Poo
- MOTHER 2 Character Figures #2: Jeff, Pokey, Mr. Saturn (maybe?)
- MOTHER 2 Character Figures #3: Starman, Starman Jr., Starman DX
- MOTHER 2 Mini Character Figures #1: Ness, Tracy, Mom, King
- MOTHER 2 Mini Character Figures #2: Jeff, Dr. Andonuts, Mr. Saturn
- MOTHER 2 Mini Character Figures #3: Paula, Lucky, Nice (another name for Gorgeous I believe), Venus
- MOTHER 2 Mini Character Figures #4: Poo, Pokey, Picky, something else?
- MOTHER 2 Mini Character Figures #5: Trash Can Mr. Saturn, Ball and Chain Mr. Saturn, Master Belch
Apparently all the figures had the same look and feel as the clay models in the strategy guides. I’m pretty sure they won’t be clay though and won’t be exactly the same as those clay models.
Also, there might be more figures, but B can’t remember. That’d definitely be a lot to try and remember. It’d be a lot easier if they allowed photography, but the event people specifically forbid any photos during the time they were being shown off. But it already sounds really cool, so I hope we’ll get more info soon!
I found a lot more pics and stuff, they’ll come later on. For now, enjoy this comparison of the super giant Mr. Saturn with the recent mini Mr. Saturn. It took me a second to even realize it was there 😛
The stickers are already on Yahoo Auctions Japan! See here!
Apparently the giant Mr. Saturn runs on electricity; there isn’t a guy in there. I thought that might be the case since I saw the power outlet next to it in the video with Itoi. I also believe the Mr. Saturn is going to be shown at various arcades over the next few months too, so this won’t be the only chance to see it.
As expected, a lot of people showed up for the event. I’ve read that a large percentage of the attendees were couples who were all around the same age, which I guess is an interesting phenomenon.
There were crane games with Mr. Saturn plushes in them, plushes that were no longer normally available. It cost 200 yen per try to get one, and I heard the lines for these crane games were insanely long. That’s a pretty awesome business model for Namco/Banpresto 😛
All in all, I’ve only read positive things about the event and the upcoming figures. So even without any new games or anything, fans are still really attached to the series!
If new info ever comes in I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated!
Other Related Posts:
56 Comments to Giant Mr. Saturn Event Round-Up
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.