April 15th, 2010 | Events

So, you know that giant Mr. Saturn event that was held in Japan a week or two ago? Luckily for us, the wonderful Chewy attended it and has written up a ton of details about it, more than I’ve seen on any Japanese sites in fact! We foreign fans are insane in the brain 😯

Anyway, check out her big write-up here, and pretend you were there too!

Besides the interesting story, she also talks about the new MOTHER and MOTHER 2 figures that will be coming out later in the year. The security at the place was really weird and they didn’t allow photographs of them. That didn’t mean Chewy didn’t try, though πŸ˜›

POLL: Would you have attended this event if you lived in Japan?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

13 Comments to Giant Mr. Saturn Event in Detail

KingDarian said on Apr. 15, 2010

That Mr. Saturn must be a newborn. Look at how pliable its head is. :3

neonix said on Apr. 15, 2010

Man, I wish I had the money and time and knew Japanese to go fly out to one of these events. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to photoshop my face onto someone’s picture with the giant Mr. Saturn. πŸ˜›

Onion said on Apr. 15, 2010

‘Enhance! Enhance!’

I LOL’d. Honestly the write up was awesome. I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on those figures now. Just a few more months, just a few more months, just a few more months…

Felipe said on Apr. 15, 2010

I wanna see pictures of the figurines πŸ™

By the way, these will only be sold by people in YahooAuctionsJP? It’s really hard to negotiate when you don’t know a single word of Japanese.

Andy said on Apr. 15, 2010

Wish I was there.

Sacamain said on Apr. 15, 2010

Great stuff! I’m going to japan from mid-June to mid-July. Hope something happens then so I can be there!

WhatsHerFace said on Apr. 15, 2010

1. Thanks to Chewy for the amazing write up!

2. HNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHH SO JEALOUSSSSSS!!!! O: D: DX

Kyoo said on Apr. 15, 2010

I love mother fans, we are some of the most fanatic fans in existence.

and I concur with WhatHerFace’s number 2

Onion said on Apr. 15, 2010

@Felipe

Most likely. As far as I understand it the figures are only going to be in crane machines so we’ll have to wait for the crane masters to pluck them and throw them on YAJ or any other bidding site. If the waves of Saturns and Sticker Sheets are anything to go by, there should be plenty available.

starstormer said on Apr. 17, 2010

Would you have attended this event if you lived in Japan? Is that even a question? I think we all would’ve attended this event if we could.

yetikirby said on Apr. 18, 2010

I SO wish I was there.

Johnwalt said on Apr. 19, 2010

That thing is HUGE

Michael said on Dec. 11, 2010

if went to japan id raid all of the arcades >:D