Anatomy of a Mr. Saturn
Floisonkeya posted these scans over on the Starmen.Net forums recently. Here’s what she said:
Well, a couple of days ago, the Official Nintendo Magazine of Australia and New Zealand, May 2010 was mailed to my brother and I, as so for every month. I was a little busy during the week, so I didn’t get around to reading it until today.
For the first time, in the 2 ½ years I’ve been collecting the magazine, there was a snippet in the “Virtual Unknowns” section, Earthbound-related. It was a tiny review on Earthbound. This is when my jaw dropped
(Note that the review is not 100% accurate, a meteor fell in Onett, not a meteor shower. And from what I remember, no dogs had yo-yos.) But that isn’t the thing that is literally jaw-dropping. It was the title of the two-page spread.
So, Nintendo of Australia and Nintendo of New Zealand would love to see Earthbound on the Virtual console, or at least the person who wrote the magazine would.
Any comments on this?
I guess Nintendo Power isn’t the only official Nintendo magazine to talk about wanting EarthBound on the Virtual Console – other countries’ official magazines want it too. Which is cool, because the game was never released in those other regions, yet it’s still wanted.
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to EB in Official Nintendo Magazine
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.