The Completionist: EarthBound
I might’ve talked about this before, but I can’t tell if I’ve ever made a proper post about it.
Anyway, the EarthBound Box is known for its unusual size, but if you look closer, you might see that some of the screenshots on the back aren’t quite right:
click for larger version
It looks like they used the debug menu to take these screenshots, using an early version of the game. Ness can’t be by himself in zombie Threed, for example. And there’s still one of those red crosses on the hospital. Funny how they made sure to get rid of all the red crosses in the game but left one right on the box!
A few years ago I started a really detailed list of all the weird mistakes and weird oddities that the Player’s Guide had too. I doubt I’ll have time to put it together though. But I really love this sort of stuff for some reason 😀
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to EarthBound Box Weirdness
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.