Weekly Round-Up #37
I might’ve talked about this before, but I can’t tell if I’ve ever made a proper post about it.
Anyway, the EarthBound Box is known for its unusual size, but if you look closer, you might see that some of the screenshots on the back aren’t quite right:
click for larger version
It looks like they used the debug menu to take these screenshots, using an early version of the game. Ness can’t be by himself in zombie Threed, for example. And there’s still one of those red crosses on the hospital. Funny how they made sure to get rid of all the red crosses in the game but left one right on the box!
A few years ago I started a really detailed list of all the weird mistakes and weird oddities that the Player’s Guide had too. I doubt I’ll have time to put it together though. But I really love this sort of stuff for some reason 😀
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to EarthBound Box Weirdness
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...