MOTHER 3 in Retro Gamer
Not too long ago we discovered thanks to Jesse that the EarthBound box was probably originally meant to remain the small size and feature a very different front cover. For more info on that, see here.
Anyway, Jesse and some other folks since discovered this old Electronics Boutique advertisement.
I don’t have a date on it, so it’s hard to tell when they made the switch from this box to the box we know (and the idea to include the guide). I also don’t have a larger-sized scan available, which is a downer. But it’s still cool to see the old box art pop up in more than one place.
It’d be cool if Jesse could get the slide professionally scanned so we can get a clearer image of the art. Even if it is just that simple at-some-point-discarded logo we all know, it’d be great to have. And it’d be easier to make a clean version of the logo from it that people could use in other stuff 😀
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Early EarthBound Box Art Again
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...