Silly Nintendo, That’s the Wrong System
Not too long ago we discovered thanks to Jesse that the EarthBound box was probably originally meant to remain the small size and feature a very different front cover. For more info on that, see here.
Anyway, Jesse and some other folks since discovered this old Electronics Boutique advertisement.
I don’t have a date on it, so it’s hard to tell when they made the switch from this box to the box we know (and the idea to include the guide). I also don’t have a larger-sized scan available, which is a downer. But it’s still cool to see the old box art pop up in more than one place.
It’d be cool if Jesse could get the slide professionally scanned so we can get a clearer image of the art. Even if it is just that simple at-some-point-discarded logo we all know, it’d be great to have. And it’d be easier to make a clean version of the logo from it that people could use in other stuff 😀
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Early EarthBound Box Art Again
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...