Want an EarthBound Box?
Not too long ago we discovered thanks to Jesse that the EarthBound box was probably originally meant to remain the small size and feature a very different front cover. For more info on that, see here.
Anyway, Jesse and some other folks since discovered this old Electronics Boutique advertisement.
I don’t have a date on it, so it’s hard to tell when they made the switch from this box to the box we know (and the idea to include the guide). I also don’t have a larger-sized scan available, which is a downer. But it’s still cool to see the old box art pop up in more than one place.
It’d be cool if Jesse could get the slide professionally scanned so we can get a clearer image of the art. Even if it is just that simple at-some-point-discarded logo we all know, it’d be great to have. And it’d be easier to make a clean version of the logo from it that people could use in other stuff 😀
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Early EarthBound Box Art Again
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues