Random Post:

EarthBound Script Dump
Earthbound (SNES)

April 10th, 2010 | MOTHER 3, Videos

Fighting the Porky Statue in MOTHER 3 is crazy unless you have a New Year’s Eve Bomb or happen to be really lucky with PK Flash. Otherwise you’ll just get stomped hard and won’t even stand a chance.

…So let’s fight three at once!

Obviously a code was used to change the enemies. More than anything, I’m surprised all three enemies fit on the screen and were properly positioned without any sprite-related issues. Maybe that’s why the battle text doesn’t use sprites though.

Anyway, I’m still hoping that someday someone will figure out a way to kill the Porky Statue without the bomb or without PK Flash or manipulating luck via emulators. I think someone did a bunch of math and figured out it would take like a full day to kill it normally if you managed to stay alive for more than 10 minutes ๐Ÿ˜›

39 Comments to Attack of the Porky Statue Trio!

Pkhypernova said on Apr. 10, 2010

That’s epic!
(Yeah first comment)

Miles Vialpando said on Apr. 10, 2010

That attack sound at 1:37… why am I thinking of an elephant in a wind tunnel? The randomness of Mother has blended my mind! ๐Ÿ˜›

Kyoo said on Apr. 10, 2010

strange I never fought the statue, maybe that’s what I should do in my next play through ๐Ÿ˜€ usually on my third play through, thats when I usually try to level grind. like… my third time playing Earthbound I didn’t make it to buzz buzz till I was already level 23 XD

Mother 4 said on Apr. 10, 2010

“strange I never fought the statue, maybe thatโ€™s what I should do in my next play through ๐Ÿ˜€ usually on my third play through, thats when I usually try to level grind. likeโ€ฆ my third time playing Earthbound I didnโ€™t make it to buzz buzz till I was already level 23 XD”

I don’t believe you, I did some math and found out it would take you over 24 hours of killing snakes, dogs and crows to get to level 20.

Staarf said on Apr. 10, 2010

@ Mother 4

Well, he could just have no life. I do remember a guy on the Starmen.net forums that got to something ridiculous like level 65 before even getting to the first sanctuary.

Ninji said on Apr. 10, 2010

I never even fought the statue (didn’t know how) but seeing this, it must be madness just fighting ONE statue! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Mother 4 said on Apr. 10, 2010

I also wasn;t sure that guys levelling was realistic. He said he got max bombs and that he only played like 2 hours a day. Doesn’t quite sound right… All he had were screenshots which are easy to manipulate and EB is not a difficult game to cheat with, especially since he was using an emulator.

I think I fought the statue and used the bomb, I can’t quite remember.

Kyoo said on Apr. 10, 2010

it actually took me 32 hours. and I have a life. it’s just completely dedicated to games. I hate people that think a life dedicated to games isn’t a life it’s just a life they wouldn’t choose to live.

Kyoo said on Apr. 10, 2010

@Staarf I remember that too. I was actually trying to beat him. I tried going all the way to level 99. but after a full week. I just gave up. sure I found a place where the dog re spawned the most and got to fight the dog over and over again. but I think the dog only gives you 4xp and that’s no much at all. (but it’s the most of all of them)

Kyoo said on Apr. 10, 2010

I think mathematically the only way to kill the statue without the bomb or the flash trick. you’d have to have everyone on your team already dead from the start. and it would be much like the last battle. (filled with a lot of healing)

xfisjmg1 said on Apr. 10, 2010

During my first playthrough (way back in 2nd grade!) I was in Onett foreverโ€”I was around level 25 or so before I left. I had even already bought the lakeshore home ๐Ÿ˜›

Darien said on Apr. 11, 2010

When I was younger, I was the most conservative gamer ever. I remember the first time I played Zelda II — I didn’t so much as go near the first palace until all of my stats were level 8. Ground mobs in the fields around Rauru for a LONG time.

Kyoo said on Apr. 11, 2010

hahah I was the same way. I wasn’t ready for the first palace at least till I was level 7 on my sword. and since it’s kind of sad really now that I look back on it.

Violet said on Apr. 11, 2010

That was pretty poor tactical fighting there, given that the player didn’t let Lifeup Omega get anywhere near finishing restoring the HP before rushing on with the battle. That battle could have been won with PK Flash, it would have been fairly impressive to see.

I’m surprised more people haven’t fought the statue too, given that it’s pretty iconic thanks to Brawl. I fought it and beat it with PK Flash without too much difficulty… three of them would just take longer and use more PP.

[…] Direct link here […]

Mother 4 said on Apr. 11, 2010

You are already wrong, the dog only gives you 1 xp after level like 8.

starstormer said on Apr. 11, 2010

Wow I barely beat one. When I went against the pig king statue I had forgotten to buy a new years eve bomb, I just happened to get lucky with PK flash and beat it.

Commander said on Apr. 11, 2010

ASKJF A whole day? Wow….. if only I could be that dedicated to one of Itoi’s creations to spend a whole 24 hours on it

BroBuzz said on Apr. 12, 2010

I had heard someone was going to beat one of them with New years eve bomb or PK flash on youtube.

BroBuzz said on Apr. 12, 2010

I ment “without new years eve bomb or PK flash

yut said on Apr. 13, 2010

IIRC I saw a video of someone attempting it, after a while the game crashed.

qilieun said on Apr. 18, 2010

well ive seen some things about killing one of the statues without flash or without the new year’s eve bomb. and ive tried it myself it seems the emulator crashes after u kill it without the 2 ways. i havnt beaten him because evn at level 99 its still near impossible to do it because its like all the enimies in the game combined into one battle ๐Ÿ˜€

qilieun said on Apr. 18, 2010

ugh lemme rephrase that! i tried it without flash or the bomb and failed. other people have done it at level 99 and when they beat it the emulator crashed.

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 18, 2010

I know a way to beat it without using the NYE Bomb or PK Flash. Use cheat codes for Infinite health for all of them and infinite PP for Lucas and Kumatora. Make sure you have all PSI and PK. Make Lucas use PK Love Omega every turn and make Kuma use her strongest move every turn.

Gon said on Apr. 18, 2010

That…that’s not really in the spirit of trying to beat it without the bomb or flash.

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 18, 2010

But it meets the guidelines.

Gon said on Apr. 18, 2010

Generally when you are attempting something like this it is common knowledge that CHEATING to overcome the challenge is forbidden. The reason why it’s not expressly stated within the guidelines is because it should go without saying.

YOU WILL NEVA KNOW MAH NAME! said on Aug. 12, 2010

LOL Cool!

Michael said on Jan. 29, 2011

@YOU WILL NEVA KNOW MAH NAME!

Let me guess,dave?

G.Wicks said on Mar. 6, 2011

has anyone else ever noticed how the amount of damage you inflict upon the porky statue is equivalent to the amount of experience you receive? So, inflict as much damage as possible before new year’s bombin’ his chubby pig butt. It’s the incentive to keep you from beating him really quickly, and I think it makes the battle one of the more unique battles in the game.

Mato said on Mar. 6, 2011

I never noticed that, if it really works that way then wow, you’re the first person I’ve seen to notice it before. I never even came across it on Japanese sites ๐Ÿ˜ฏ And it definitely makes it a much more interesting battle.

Mother 7 said on Mar. 17, 2011

Nice job. I would’nt have lasted 5 seconds in that, let alone several minutes.

Gooptek said on Dec. 16, 2011

Oh my. That’s just freakingly insane. O-O

StarmanFan said on Jan. 2, 2012

To kill King Statue normally you will need 37 days and 3 hours I have discovered on Starmen.net.

AltoMaximus said on Jan. 2, 2012

StarmanFan:
Well I once had a goal to defeat the Porky Statue without NY Bombs or PK Flash.
It took me three days.
But I recieved more Expirence so it was worth it.
It is definitely a hard challenge! ๐Ÿ˜›

Dialga Thunderstar said on Jan. 10, 2012

How much HP do those statues have? I can’t remember at the moment…

AltoMaximus said on Jan. 10, 2012

Dialga Thunderstar:
999999

Dialga Thunderstar said on Jan. 12, 2012

FOR THE SAKE OF GIANT SOCCEBALLS MADE OF MUSTARD, THAT IS AN INSANE AMOUNT OF HP!

Ness1985 said on Dec. 31, 2012

@Dialga Thunderstar When you hit it with the New Years Eve Bomb it actually says 99,999,999

Find Merchandise!