MOTHER 2 by the Zippers
A few weeks back, a really cool Japanese auction caught fans’ eyes – a bunch of rare MOTEHR 1+2 event stuff, including a copy of MOTHER 1+2 signed by Shigesato Itoi himself.
After a few days of power-bidding and lame mistakes by some companies, eventually fellow fan and avid collector neonix won the auction. It arrived a week or so ago, and here are the goodies!
From neonix’s post on the forum:
The whole shebang.
The big cheese. MOTHER 1+2 signed by Shigesato Itoi himself.
Awesome letter/poster (Someone should translate it)
The little brown bag :3
Interestingly enough, this real deal Saturn Valley Express does have much better quality images than the PDF that Mato had posted. I guess the PDF had blurry images to reduce file size and/or stop people from counterfeiting merch.
I was surprised when I saw this MOTHER Encyclopedia inside the package. It wasn’t pictured in the auction. It’s the re-release, obviously since it’s from the M1+2 party.
The special edition green and gold SMAAAASH!! shirt! Pics of front, back, and tag.
Comparison with the purple/silver shirt.
My thoughts: This is the part where I know you don’t care about what I have to say but I type anyway.
Money well spent, to be really honest. I’m very happy with this lot of extremely rare merch. It had a quite a few surprises too.
When I bid on the auction, it hadn’t crossed my mind at first that the shirt could be the green one, but Pigmask Private had pointed out the possibility after the auction ended. I didn’t know I was getting a MOTHER Encyclopedia until right when I opened the box and saw it. And I wasn’t sure if the official printed Saturn valley Express paper had higher quality images, but this solved that mystery.
I love how newspapers are always used for MOTHER stuff, the foldout in the encyclopedia is completely in English too! So I gave it a quick read. Do we have a scan of it already? If not, I’m going to upload one.
I’ll be scanning the SV Express page for sure. I’m not sure about the latter thing. The photo I took is shows detail and is readable, but a scan makes it easier to counterfeit, and it looks and feel not too hard to make a fake. I’ll have to think about it.
It’s really cool how neonix not only got all the awesome stuff we expected, but also got one of those awesome strategy guides AND one of the super-duper-rare green Starman T-shirts too!
And maybe if we keep finding stuff from the M1+2 event we can recreate it someday 😛 I know who can play Itoi!
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to A Major MOTHER Merchandise Haul
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...