A Look Back at EarthBound Zero
April 27th, 2010 | MOTHER 3
A while back I posted a few things about a game in Japan that translated loosely to “Kappa Road” (see see here and ). It was made by Brownie Brown and had a few quick cameos of MOTHER 3 stuff in it:
In just those screenshots alone, we can see a Pigmask mask, Ocho the octopus, and a merman oxygen robot. What other MOTHER 3 stuff did they hide in the game, we all wondered. Now we can find out, because Nintendo recently announced that it is being released here as “A Kappa’s Trail”:
A Kappa’s Trail (Nintendo DSiWare, June 14): Guide a little mythical river spirit to the human world with your Nintendo DSi stylus in this puzzle adventure. Draw a trail, and the little “kappa” will follow. It’s up to you to ensure he makes it through the gauntlet of enemies and treacherous paths of the Kappa Trail.
I don’t have a DSi, so hopefully folks here can help find other MOTHER 3 stuff in the game when it’s released 😀
Thanks to the many people who sent in news about this!
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to A Kappa’s Trail Announced
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...