Man’s Ultimate Friend
March 14th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up
This was an interesting week with lots of cool stuff from the old days. Now let’s take a look at what other EarthBound stuff’s happened on the net last week!
- Resultados passados:
- Another Update!
- Dreaming Like A Gamer: 03-13-2010
- The Ghost-Alien Agenda
- Earthbound is the greatest game ever.
My hair is attacking, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
After tons of awesome and rare merchandise, things were a little quieter this week on the swag front. Here are some of the highlights:
- Official MOTHER 2 novel! – a must-have for collectors
- This person is selling mini Mr. Saturn plushes in sets of two
- MOTHER 2 cart for only $9.99 or best offer
- MOTHER 1+2 Perfect Guide for a better price than usual – good condition too
- MOTHER 3 strategy guide for a better price than usual – also in good condition
- EarthBound Player’s Guide with all six smelly cards intact
- EarthBound, complete and in mint condition for $295
- Earthbound, complete and in mint condition for $3000?!
Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Set of four MOTHER 2 strategy guides! – man I wish I could afford to get these, the old guides are so awesome
- Rare-ish MOTHER 2 choose-your-own-adventure book
A set of FIFTY mini Mr. Saturn plushes 😯 – let’s see THEM ladder!
And stuff on Amazon:
- EarthBound carts start at $85 again this week, not too bad
- EarthBound guides start at $84.99 this week, down one cent since last week. Yay?
- MOTHER 1 is back on Amazon!
What’s Up With Itoi
- Probably the most interesting thing this past week that Itoi talked about was how he’s often felt he’s in the absolute minority when it comes to certain things. One example he gives is that ever since he can remember he has peeled bananas by holding the black tip part facing up and peeling from there. At some point someone saw him do this and they were like, “What? You peel it that way? Nobody does that!” Itoi was surprised, but he only did what came to him naturally. He assumed that it wasn’t THAT surprising though, that probably 30% of people out there peeled it the same way.
But over time he started to realize the ratio wasn’t even close to 10%. Then the Internet came around, so he looked it up and saw that indeed, most everybody peels it the opposite way he does, and that only monkeys peel it the way he does. So he says maybe he’s actually a monkey.in nature.
Do exploding trees actually exist? The concept always seemed so odd to me. Where would someone even get the idea for that?
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #61
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...