MOTHER Remake Hack Ending Song Preview
March 7th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up
Gonna be another short weekly round-up this week, I’m mighty busy indeed. We did have some interesting stuff happen this past week, though. Here’s some other stuff from around the net that was EarthBound-related too:
- Eiffel 65 – Is That You?
- Important Importables: Notable fan translation projects
- Top 25 Favourite Games! (10-6)
- MOTHER 3: Ajuda dos fãs!
I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
Things were a little slower this past week merchandise-wise. There were still some neat things and good deals, and here they are!
Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- Official EarthBound Pogs – this auction’s STILL going? I wonder how much it’ll go for. I’d love to have more info on these, if anyone happens to get ahold of them 😀
- MOTHER 2 Cartridge for only $10! – maybe even elss if you make a lower offer
- Official Mr. Saturn phone strap – the rare MOTHER 1+2 preorder bonus
- Extremely rare Mr. Saturn Art Book in mint condition + the plushie + insert!
- EarthBound, EarthBound Player’s Guide, and many other Super NES games!
- EarthBound complete with guide, box, cart, and various inserts
- More official mini Mr. Saturn plushies!
BTW, I’ve also noticed that MOTHER 3 Deluxe Boxes are getting very scarce on eBay and on Japanese sites. I checked, and the average price for them on eBay rose quite a bit in the past month. If you ever come across one for cheap, be sure to get it. They’ll probably only get more expensive as time goes on, much like EarthBound has.
Anyway, here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
And stuff on Amazon:
Interesting how the game’s guide can fetch as much as the game itself!
What’s Up With Itoi
- This past week Itoi and everyone at his office went on a big trip. I didn’t pay too much attention, but it sounds like they might’ve gone to Kyoto this time. Last year they spent a lot of money and flew out to some islands. The trips are for letting off steam but also meant to give the employees ideas for stuff to write about or do projects about in the upcoming months.
If you haven’t yet, check out the Postcards for EarthBound thing!
And of course check out the new EarthBound Central forum!
Yesterday I hooked up my Super NES and played a little bit more of my game of EarthBound (using my crazy save file of course) and once again noticed how much better it felt playing the game on an actual system rather than emulation. I don’t know why that is, though. Anybody else been struck by this feeling? Or just the opposite?
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #60
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...