Popular Posts:

None found

March 17th, 2010 | EarthBound, Manga

A while back I posted a bunch of MOTHER 2 manga scans, you can find them here. HF sent in some translated pages very shortly after:

If you’re interested in helping translate a bunch of this official manga, see here!

12 Comments to Some Translated EarthBound Manga

Sisto said on Mar. 17, 2010

That’s awesome! I’ve always been a big manga fan, so a translated MOTHER one is right up my alley.

Carl said on Mar. 17, 2010

Maybe I’m just dense, but I don’t understand the first one, with the bra. Is there some wordplay that is lost in translation or something?

Mato said on Mar. 17, 2010

Not really, I think it’s just poking fun at the fact that you can go into anyone’s place and start checking around whenever you want.

Carl said on Mar. 17, 2010

Okay, that makes sense. I missed before that “check” refers to the game’s actual “check” command. I also didn’t quite get what was going on in the first two panels, but I now see that Ness is ignoring his sister’s request and poking around the house instead.

Roo said on Mar. 17, 2010

Wow, that’s, umm… an interesting new way to look at Ness…

And I really hope that was his mother’s drawer and not Tracy’s.

floydhead42 said on Mar. 17, 2010

^As if Ness looking at his mom’s unmentionables is any less creepy.

Earthbound_X said on Mar. 17, 2010

Well Tracy is under 10 right? It couldn’t have been her bras, haha.

MG said on Mar. 17, 2010

I noticed that is says “Cone on over” on the last page.

Chris said on Mar. 18, 2010

Funny, but to quote a meme: “Manga needs editor badly”

kenisu said on Mar. 18, 2010

I was wondering why nobody was finding it weird that Ness seemed to have a sister complex in that particular 4-koma…

Anyway, um, I think in the last manga update, RubberFroggy said he’d do the Photoshop work if he were provided with translations, so I sent him some. He said he’d maybe deal with them that week… but I haven’t heard from him since. I don’t seem to have the right kind of program for scanlation. Anyone else up to the task? If not, could I have somebody tell me what sort of (free) program I’d need to use for warping text (for the sound effects), and what kinds of fonts would look good?

S0ulman said on Apr. 24, 2010

Hmmm I wonder what that meter actually meant……..I bet Ness was having a…… Never Mind

HF said on Sep. 10, 2010

@kenisu: Try “CC Wild Words”

Find Merchandise!

• DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
  • cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
  • Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
  • Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.