March 27th, 2010 | Auctions, MOTHER 3, Smash Bros.

Quinn sent this in a while back, it’s a remix of the “F-F-Fire!” song from MOTHER 3. I don’t really know the story behind this remix, did someone make this specifically for this video, or did a Brawl fan find a remix and stick it in a video? I’m guessing the former but I’d love to know for sure.

If someone else did make this, it’d be awesome to have the original (not ripped) MP3, it IS a pretty cool remix!

29 Comments to Smash Brothers-ish F-F-Fire Remix

Poe said on Mar. 27, 2010

I was never crazy about the original F-F-Fire song, but the instruments used in this version really work well for it.

BaG_2.0 said on Mar. 27, 2010

Oh man… as soon as I get around to it, this song is going onto my hacked Brawl. This is great, but I would also prefer the real MP3 instead of ripping it from the video.

Vague Rant said on Mar. 27, 2010

BaG almost got the point, but then just missed. This track /is/ intended as alternative Brawl music, for players who play hacked versions of the game.

Here’s the .brstrm (the file format used by Smash Bros. Brawl): http://www.mediafire.com/?2hzqm4jnz4z

rawpower forgot his password said on Mar. 27, 2010

I found this a long time ago and downloaded it. I love this remix.

blahmoomoo said on Mar. 27, 2010

I took the .brstm file, dumped it to .wav using XMPlay and in_cube, and converted it to a 192kbps mp3. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound much better than the video… so it already sounded lossy. I think that .brstm is a lossy format anyway.

Oh, and when I dumped the .brstm file, I let it loop once, so it’s 4 minutes and 23 seconds long.

2cents said on Mar. 27, 2010

Brawl. I wasn’t aware people were still fantasizing possibilities for that disappointment.
Great remix, but having the Brawl name slapped on it spoiled the appeal.

Anonymous said on Mar. 27, 2010

Wow, I just watched(err heard) this yesterday. i think that it has to much rock for brawl but then again there is no such thing as to much rock 🙂

EarthBoundRules said on Mar. 27, 2010

Doesn’t sound very Brawl-like.

Violet said on Mar. 27, 2010

People still throwing that whole Brawl was a disappointment nonsense around? Frankly, I don’t know what people expected from it anymore. People seem to want a game that exceeded anything ever designed by any human being ever.

Brawl wasn’t perfect, but jeez, if you didn’t like it then your hype was too damn high. Especially MOTHER fans. You got two characters and two bosses. Pity the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem fans.

Jeagle101 said on Mar. 27, 2010

I remember finding this on YouTube a while back. It’s a cool remix 🙂

neonix said on Mar. 27, 2010

Brawl was anything but a disappointment. This remix is also pretty good, I love F-F-Fire!

G.Wicks said on Mar. 27, 2010

The only disappointing thing about Brawl is that nobody plays it online anymore (except friend games bwaaaargh). And when people do it’s all dial-uppy. But for the first few months it was out, that game was HOT!

SmaMan said on Mar. 27, 2010

Brawl was the first game I ever went to a midnight release for. Was it a disappointment? Hell no! It’s probably my most played Wii game still! And cool stuff like this coming out for it keeps its flames burning.

Sure there’s movements to make the game more “tactical” and less “luck-based” supposedly making it “better.” But come on… it’s not like it’s anymore tact-less than the last two. (I’m looking at you, hammer, homerun bat, hell, ALL the items!

Andy said on Mar. 28, 2010

Love it I want an mp3 this should have been in brawl.

blahmoomoo said on Mar. 28, 2010

Andy: Read the comments, an mp3 is already above…

[…] Direct link here addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink […]

Hyperstar96 said on Mar. 28, 2010

I’ve had this song on my hacked Brawl for months 😀

Anonymous said on Mar. 28, 2010

I remember hearing this a while back. It still rocks to this day. 🙂

sigh said on Mar. 29, 2010

Anyone referring to Brawl as a “disappointment” is nothing but a whiny, overreactionary, oversensitive, overexpectant prick with severe entitlement issues that border on mental instability.

Brawl was better than Melee. In every possible way. People either need to learn to accept that, or they can keep making up bullshit complaints over nothing that they pick out of thin-air because the fun they get out of being an elitist, whiny douche is more fun to them than sitting back and enjoyin a damn good game.

Either way, they are the vast minority in the general opinions on Brawl and they’ll just be written off as the whiny simpletons they are.

As “Violet” said in an earlier comment, that entire “disappointment” criticism is nothing but complete and utter nonsense. Stupid, stupid, baseless, made-up, whiny, needlessly jaded, and pointlessly bitter-over-absolutely-nothing nonsense.

Nonsense spouted by elitist pricks with screwed up priorities who cannot abide by the slightest bit of progress or change, no matter how wide the progress is, or how insignificant the differences may be.

Poe said on Mar. 29, 2010

Whoa sigh, they’re just games. I don’t think you should be getting so worked up over somebody calling Brawl a disappointment. It’s not good for your health.

Kyoo said on Mar. 29, 2010

orange juice is good, and so is brawl, I like them both equaly. just a while back I unlocked mother 3 love theme on brawl. I’m glad I did that after I played mother 3 and not when brawl was brand new. it brought more flavor to the song. although it’s not very…. smash bros tasting. it’s wonderful to hear it on brawl. and it put the meter to play it 50% of the time I play the level. I’d love to have this version of f-f-fire on my brawl. I know people hack brawls. and that’s why a lot of people don’t play the game online. becuase when you hack it you can’t play it online or they take away your graphic hacks and your music hacks and return it all back to normal. my guess is somebody used this for smash bros brawl. when they music hacked it.

Gendreavus said on Mar. 29, 2010

This song is beastly on AudioSurf. PLAY IT.

SmaMan said on Mar. 29, 2010

Actually, you can still play texture/music hacks online on Brawl. Just only you will see the modified textures/music.

2cents said on Mar. 30, 2010

Take a chill pill, sigh; now we see why there’s so much hate flying with comments like that.

The Dark Giygas said on Apr. 22, 2010

This song has my interest. I will use it to corrupt the universe with my inexplicable attack.

random guardian said on Jun. 25, 2010

I am hacking this into my Brawl now!

The Famous Aqua Dragon said on Nov. 13, 2010

Can anyone give me the url to download this song without loops or .brstm formats?

unassuming local guy said on Jan. 13, 2012