Winters in Smash Bros. Brawl
I’m not sure what magazine this is from, but it’s from way back when MOTHER 2 was released in Japan.
Basically, the magazine people made some Strawberry Tofu for Itoi to try, and he said:
This is really something! It has a profound flavor that makes me feel sad. (laugh) I thought this would be something an American with an unusual understanding of foreign cultures might make, but this is actually terrible!
Strawberry Tofu appeared in all three MOTHER games, but the EarthBound localizers changed it to Trout Yogurt before releasing the game in English. But if you want to see someone actually make Trout Yogurt, see here 😛
I remember Itoi talking briefly about Strawberry Tofu during the MOTHER 1+2 event, though it didn’t get included in that mini-documentary. As I recall, he said he came up with the idea thinking it was so crazy that nobody would ever make it, but years later he found out that some places in France or Italy (I forget) had been making a strawberry tofu dish for some time, just by coincidence.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Tries Strawberry Tofu
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.