March 22nd, 2010 | Audio Stuff, Events

Later today (7 pm Japanese time) there’s going to be a Moonriders concert that’s also going to be streamed live on Itoi’s site. If you’re interested, check here when the time comes. I’m not exactly sure what time that would be here, but it’ll probably start sometime in the morning for most of us.

For those who don’t know: Moonriders is the band Keiichi Suzuki is in. Keiichi Suzuki did a lot of the music for EarthBound and EarthBound Zero. You can find more info about him and Moonriders here.

UPDATE: The concert is over, but you can see a recording here. I haven’t watched it myself so I don’t know what songs they play. I don’t expect any game music but who knows.

11 Comments to Moonriders Live Concert Today

blahmoomoo said on Mar. 22, 2010

That would be 6AM EST. Too bad I don’t have plans to wake up that early… someone should record the webcast.

It isn’t obvious where the webcast will be though… I assume the normal web page will be replaced when the time comes?

Sisto said on Mar. 23, 2010

Man, want to see this so badly! Oh well. Maybe I’ll wake up early to see it. I’m sure it’ll be worth it. 😉

neonix said on Mar. 23, 2010

Definitely not waking up that early, haha. I second the notion of someone recording the webcast.

Starman 99 said on Mar. 23, 2010

So, who will we task with recording this?

blahmoomoo said on Mar. 23, 2010

Huh. Fish tank.

At least, that’s what’s streaming right now at 8:53 AM EST.

blahmoomoo said on Mar. 23, 2010

Wait… the Livestream is still going on for some reason, focused on a fish tank, but UStream was stopped.

Huzzah! There is a recording of the performance on UStream! http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5657010

Wow, over two hours.

neonix said on Mar. 23, 2010

Sweet, I’ll be watching that later. Thanks blahmoomoo!

Mato said on Mar. 23, 2010

Itoi’s site said they’ll only have the video online for 24 hours. I don’t know if they did it through ustream or not though.

KingDarian said on Mar. 23, 2010

I watched the concert earlier through the ustream link. It was pretty nice. Nothing from MOTHER, but I don’t think it would have fit with the rest of their set. I somehow recognized one of the songs, where they sing “I love you / I hate you”, but I’m not sure where I’ve heard it before.

Naja said on Mar. 25, 2010

Oh damn, I missed to see it live, but I already saw the first song (which is the first track form their lastest album! awesome song) this is going to be a great watch 🙂

Seifer said on Mar. 26, 2010

Woah. At around 1 hour 15 minutes, they play an awesome rendition of the theme from Federico Fellini’s “La Strada” (by Nino Rota). That’s my favorite movie score of all time. What a pleasant surprise.