Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

March 18th, 2010 | Auctions, EarthBound

Captain Bozo sent this in just now, he (I’m assuming it’s a he) is auctioning off a Ghost of Starman figurine.

Hard times lead to hard decisions, and I’ve gotta leave a bunch of stuff behind. So I’m selling my Ghost of Starman Funfest statue. I decided to let you know because you guys are usually pretty interested in the EarthBound merchandise, and while this is a fan-made thing and not a super awesome official thing, it’s rare nonetheless, and I’m sure people would like to hear about it. If I’m breaking some news contacting you about one of my own auctions, then I’m sorry, and ignore this message. Thanks!

Meeellla made a limited number of these a few years ago for a Starmen.Net Funfest like Captain Bozo says. Here’s what they look like:

(More pics/details here!)

I happened to receive one of these too (well, technically it’s a Ghost of Starman DX) and I can vouch for the high quality of these figurines. If Meeellla makes it, you can pretty much assume it’s top-quality stuff.

So for those of you who wanted to get ahold of one of these limited figures a while back but couldn’t, here’s your chance to, while also helping out a fellow EB fan!

24 Comments to Ghost of Starman Figure Auction

P Philosophy said on Mar. 18, 2010

Just saw this listed up in the auction section now. Wow! First time seeing this figure. I love the detail and of course the sparkle effect.

All of Meeellla’s figures are incredible! Not only the figures but the boxes she creates as well. You could always tell a lot of effort and love was put into each figure. Hee hee…think she should launch a line of Earthbound action figures someday.

Tetra said on Mar. 18, 2010

Those are beautiful! :O

Earthbound_X said on Mar. 19, 2010

Man I wish I was good at art so I could make awesome stuff like that.

neonix said on Mar. 19, 2010

Hmm.. Ill be keeping an eye on this…

Andy said on Mar. 19, 2010

Im bidding also why now for all of these people putting Earthbound stuff on ebay.

Poe said on Mar. 19, 2010

^ tax season?

Galvatron3000 said on Mar. 19, 2010

—-

the_artic_one said on Mar. 19, 2010

^The start price was $40.

Galvatron3000 said on Mar. 20, 2010

——–

Captain Bozo said on Mar. 20, 2010

I dunno, I thought 40 was a pretty honest starting price. I started it at 40, and other people bid it up to 60, not me.

neonix said on Mar. 22, 2010

Galvatron, you seem to be a little confused about how ebay works.

An auction can’t start at $0. The minimum starting price for any auction is 1 cent. The starting price here was indeed $40.

If a bidder bids higher than the starting price or ups their own bid, the current price won’t increase any higher until a competitor inputs a bid.

And I don’t mean to beat down on you, but you contradicted yourself.
“who pays 40 dollars up front in a bid? I know its a strategy to discourage other bidders, but it’s not really that effective..”
But then you prove that is is effective by saying, “I was thinking of bidding, but I get really dissapointed when the buyer attempts to force me a pretty high price from the start.”

So I don’t understand your point. :/

clausman said on Mar. 22, 2010

nice sculpting. worthy f cammile young herself.

clausman said on Mar. 22, 2010

sorry. messed up on my comment. here’s what i meant to say:
nice sculpting. worthy of cammile young herself.

Ninji said on Mar. 22, 2010

Spelled Camille wrong, clausman 😀

Lothis said on Mar. 22, 2010

$40 for a Camille sculpture is a steal. I dropped $117 on my Starman DX auctioned off during last year’s Mother marathon at The Speed Gamers.

clausman said on Mar. 23, 2010

sorry, ninji.

Ninji said on Mar. 23, 2010

Heh, you’re welcome dude, see you tomorrow at school, (ironically, me and clausman are actually real life friends! :D)

Lothis said on Mar. 25, 2010

Darn! I got beat by $2.50… If only I hadn’t been asleep, I could have assured my victory…

neonix said on Mar. 26, 2010

Damn, I REALLY wanted this, but it went for higher than what I felt I wanted to pay. I might have sniped it and won had I not just spent a month’s worth of paychecks on that signed M1+2. I need to work more hours to afford my EB collecting obsession…

Hmmmm said on Mar. 26, 2010

Did these Ghost of Starman figures come in gift boxes like alot of her other figures?

neonix said on Mar. 26, 2010

@Hmmmm: Yeah, the auction description said “The present box it came in is gone, unfortunately. “

Lucas said on Jul. 25, 2010

My brother REALLY wants it. My brother is a fan of
Earthbound and Mother 3 (wait isnt it like sorta the same thing?) Hey do you have anymore starmen figures?

gg said on Jun. 14, 2011

Ghost of Starman doesn’t make sence, because a starman is a robot!

gg said on Jun. 14, 2011