March 30th, 2010 | EarthBound, Fan Games

A little while back I came across a simple Mr. Saturn-themed game, the title of which translates to “Mr. Saturn Flies Through the Sky!” You can check it out here!

The story is that Mr. Saturn has run out of things to sell in his shop, so he needs to collect a bunch of stuff to stock up on. But sometimes Giygas’ bad guys will come and try to get in the way.

Basically, you have to collect the items and avoid the bad guys while also keeping your power up. It’s not a very hard game (at least it wasn’t for the five or ten minutes I played) but it’s still kind of neat. I think more variety and possibly some background music could’ve made it better.

There’s a high score list that gets cleared once in a while too, but given the age of the game it probably doesn’t get cleared much anymore. So if you want to get your name up there, this is your chance!

16 Comments to Flying Mr. Saturn Game

sticktendo said on Mar. 30, 2010

Ha, what a cute little game. Got boring after a few minutes, though.

BroBuzz said on Mar. 30, 2010

Cool game, but i wonder who made it…

neonix said on Mar. 30, 2010

It scrolls by very quickly, but at the end of the high score list, it says it was programmed by Miko San and is copyright of AnkoHouse. It also says it was originally programmed in Java.

Pretty fun, but definitely easy and boring after a while. I could probably get my name up there if I had the slightest bit of patience.

neonix said on Mar. 30, 2010

Oh I just found a way to make it to be much more fun. I loaded up Cheat Engine (cheatengine.org) and enabled speedhack, to make my browser run faster.

So the game is fast-paced now, making it more challenging and less boring. 😀

GmX said on Mar. 30, 2010

cool, sounds like a time waster, I’ll check it out :p

Kyoo said on Mar. 30, 2010

wow. I played that with my buggy laptop touch mouse box thingy. probably would have gotten a lot higher of a score if I had an actual mouse to play with.

Jungyin said on Mar. 30, 2010

I remember these, I found a Metroid themed one a while back.

PK Mudkip said on Mar. 30, 2010

Cool Mr. Saturn!

Mother 4 said on Mar. 30, 2010

I am Fiends (EB Forums) I got a high score… I could get higher but it’s kind of boring. Hey neonix, hold down the mouse button…….

neonix said on Apr. 1, 2010

Oh wow, thanks for that tip Mother 4. It seems you get less points when you do that, but then other times you get more points.

clausman said on Apr. 4, 2010

it’s a pretty neat game. I think it could be better though.

edge4552 said on Apr. 4, 2010

I got 15th, put EBcentral up there. Maybe someone will see it and find this site.

Staarf said on Apr. 9, 2010

I got bored and killed myself after about fifteen minutes. My score was something like… 1500-something.

Rocky said on Feb. 14, 2011

theres like ten people with names like:
have_my_baby_tomato
and
Tomato_is_so_hot

PSI rockin' said on Feb. 25, 2011

I just played this… Did a bit too much super saturn speeding, and lost, but I think HP is the score, so I got 1278HP if that’s the case

Josh said on Oct. 13, 2012

W00t! I got 30th place. I named my high score thing localize_mother_3!