EarthBound Video Collab Contest
Omnomnominous sent this in, it’s from issue 69 of Nintendo Power. It briefly talks about how Nintendo handled the translation of MOTHER 2 into EarthBound:
For some reason, people always assumed Dan Owsen did the translation for EarthBound. I don’t know why, from what I recall it was two Japanese women who translated it (and were listed in the credits), all Dan did was some editing work. Anyway, I hope this finally clears up that bit of misinformation.
I’m guessing that stuff like the Octopus Statue turning into the Pencil Statue were Dan Owsen’s doing. Also, you can see he’s holding a guide, is that the instruction booklet to MOTHER 2? Or was it some other guide? There’s also something else with “MOTHER 2” on it on his desk, and what appears to be some other type of guide (possibly a manga?) that’s open and facing down on the desk. I wonder what it is.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Editing EarthBound’s Translation
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...