Hyper’s MOTHER 3 Review
Omnomnominous sent this in, it’s from issue 69 of Nintendo Power. It briefly talks about how Nintendo handled the translation of MOTHER 2 into EarthBound:
For some reason, people always assumed Dan Owsen did the translation for EarthBound. I don’t know why, from what I recall it was two Japanese women who translated it (and were listed in the credits), all Dan did was some editing work. Anyway, I hope this finally clears up that bit of misinformation.
I’m guessing that stuff like the Octopus Statue turning into the Pencil Statue were Dan Owsen’s doing. Also, you can see he’s holding a guide, is that the instruction booklet to MOTHER 2? Or was it some other guide? There’s also something else with “MOTHER 2” on it on his desk, and what appears to be some other type of guide (possibly a manga?) that’s open and facing down on the desk. I wonder what it is.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Editing EarthBound’s Translation
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!