Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Omnomnominous sent this in, it’s from issue 69 of Nintendo Power. It briefly talks about how Nintendo handled the translation of MOTHER 2 into EarthBound:
For some reason, people always assumed Dan Owsen did the translation for EarthBound. I don’t know why, from what I recall it was two Japanese women who translated it (and were listed in the credits), all Dan did was some editing work. Anyway, I hope this finally clears up that bit of misinformation.
I’m guessing that stuff like the Octopus Statue turning into the Pencil Statue were Dan Owsen’s doing. Also, you can see he’s holding a guide, is that the instruction booklet to MOTHER 2? Or was it some other guide? There’s also something else with “MOTHER 2” on it on his desk, and what appears to be some other type of guide (possibly a manga?) that’s open and facing down on the desk. I wonder what it is.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Editing EarthBound’s Translation
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.