Nesses vs. Lucases! Brawl!
Last year there was an odd contest by Vans and Jones Soda. Rather than try to explain it, I’ll just link to the post I made about it last May.
Basically, one of the entries was based on EarthBound. It’s old news by now that the EarthBound entry won first place, as you can see on the official site.
The fact it won by such a huge margin is really cool… but does anyone know what happened afterward? Supposedly the shoe design was supposed to be on a whole bunch of Jones Soda bottles or something, but I haven’t heard anything about it or anyone finding these special bottles. Has anybody heard anything? I’d love to know!
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to EarthBound Shoes and Jones Soda
- Star and Moon: “…if an incredibly good-looking son born by a mistress were to come with a planning document that seemed really...
- .: pokemon? legend of zelda?
- JM: Hi NichoMania, Thanks for the comment. I took another look at the line and the Japanese is: アメリカ系の人はずっと「『4』が作られつつある」と言ってます が、嘘に決まっているじゃないかと（笑）。...
- NichoMania: Great translation, but something has been bugging me about it… Ever since, I read the last post about Itoi saying people in the...
- Sat: Thanks! I love the anecdote with the university professor.