Some Unused Text in EarthBound
All this really old and rare merchandise lately has me reminiscing about when EarthBound was first announced. While the actual advertising for the game was dumb, the articles for it in Nintendo Power were awesome and completely the reason I bought the game.
So I thought it’d be neat to take a look back at some of that early Nintendo Power stuff. Here’s a big preview for the game they put in issue 70.
Seeing a lot of the unfinished localization stuff in there is interesting in its own way, like Giygas almost being called “The Geek” and the different gas station screen. But more than anything, the feeling the preview captured was really interesting and unique, and as a kid at the time I was instantly convinced to get this game after seeing this.
A few issues later, Issue #73, had an equally as big article about EarthBound that was really cool. It even talked about Shigesato Itoi and his unusual-ness. I’ll post that full article in the near future. For now, check out this preview and relive the past 😀
Other Related Posts:
46 Comments to EarthBound Preview in NP #70
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!