SpeedGamers EarthBound Marathon
A little while back a set of EarthBound pogs showed up on eBay. I mentioned that it would be cool to see the old Nintendo Power catalog that listed them, and so “Flit” sent in a scan of said catalog. Here’s the stuff about the EarthBound Pogs:
Man, I should’ve gotten some, they were only $5 😯 The most recent set on eBay sold for $255!
I’m still confused though; this catalog says the pogs smell like pizza, but I haven’t heard one account of them ever actually smelling like pizza. If they did have a smell it’s probably worn off by now, but even back in the day the smelliness of the pogs was suspicious. Anybody have any insight into this?
Anyway, this catalog was Nintendo Power’s summer 1995 Super Power Supplies Catalog. If you’re interested, you can see the whole catalog here.
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound Pogs in Nintendo Power
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...