Random Post:

The Church of Ness

March 3rd, 2010 | EarthBound, Images, Uncommon Knowledge

Since there’s been a bunch of EarthBound-related promotional stuff lately, I thought it might be good to quickly mention these things. These are photo slides of EarthBound stuff, sent by Nintendo’s PR company to media outlets for use in magaznes and whatnot. As far as I know, these two are the only ones known to exist, or at least are the only ones that are floating around out there in the public.

I forget the details, but someone sent them to Reid many years back, since he’s webmaster of Starmen.Net and all that. I also seem to recall that Reid might’ve since given them away as a prize for a contest or something. But I might be wrong. If anyone knows what’s up with these guys, let me know!

Also, I’m not even sure these photos were ever used in any of the magazines or promo materials I’ve seen. I haven’t really gone and checked though. It’d be cool if we could find instances where these slides were actually used.

14 Comments to EarthBound Photo Slides

Psi-Rockin said on Mar. 3, 2010

Do want.

[…] floating around out there somewhere in the world, and all we have right now is this photo evidence. You can check out another one of the slides here addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, […]

BroBuzz said on Mar. 3, 2010

I wonder how much this owuld sell for if it was up on like ebay…

KingDarian said on Mar. 3, 2010

I own the EB Box slide. I traded Reid a couple Mr. Saturn plushes(2006) for it. I even shot those two pics on the right a while back, for either you or Poe I think.

Fun fact: Those two white boxes holding up the slide are actually the boxes in which the SuperFamicom Classic Controller for Wii were shipped in to Japan’s Club Nintendo members.

KingDarian said on Mar. 3, 2010

p.s. you might wanna blur out that phone number.

Mato said on Mar. 3, 2010

I dunno, the number’s in the Yellow Pages and everywhere else so it’s not a huge deal.

KingDarian said on Mar. 3, 2010

I see your point.

neonix said on Mar. 3, 2010

Hey KD, wanna trade/sell the slide? 😛 (Serious question if you actually ever are looking to get rid of it though..)

I wonder what has come of the other one. I’d love to own it.

LucasTizma said on Mar. 3, 2010

*shoves neonix out of the way* Oh God, KD, yeah, if you ever happen to want to get rid of these… 😉

neonix, let’s just combine ourselves into one MOTHER Super Collection!

Darien said on Mar. 3, 2010

You can try combining into one Super Collection, but you might expose yourself to the risk of being destroyed by the four chosen collectors from the future.

If you do it anyhow, who gets to ride in the cool spider tank?

Someone said on Mar. 3, 2010

Tis a sad day.
We gather here to mourn the loss of a good friend.
So long Memory of Mato, you shall be missed by all, except Mato given he can’t remember you.

Other than seeing these images once before, I’ve got nothing.

SmaMan said on Mar. 3, 2010

Ah, the good ol’ days when you had to use photo slides instead of putting them in digitally…

Oh yeah and I’m so prank calling that number now!

neonix said on Mar. 4, 2010

Lol, LT that would be awesome, but then who gets to shelter to super collection!? 😐

neonix said on Mar. 4, 2010

(I hope no one takes that comment seriously)

Find Merchandise!