Not too long ago Bozo posted a really cool hack on the PK Hack message board. Basically, the idea is this:
- You gain a level with every 1 EXP.
- Every enemy gives 1 EXP.
- At level 99, your game ends.
The challenge is to try to get as far as you can, defeating as few enemies as possible. This is difficult because you’re gonna get hurt running away, and you’re not going to get very much money at all.
After some tests and some fixing, the final patch was posted, and you can download it here!
I haven’t tried it myself, but the concept sounds really cool and I hope I can find time to play it sometime. If you try it out, be sure to post your experiences you have here or on the PK Hack forum thread!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to EarthBound Level Challenge Hack!
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues