February 26th, 2010 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Videos

Scott sent this in the other day:

Hello, I spent a good two days sequencing “Your Name Please” (song during character setup) from Earthbound and I’m looking to get it out there to fans of the game… take a listen on YouTube and let me know what you think:

The rapping is “Your Name Please” by Nas – The worst of the foul language has been removed (still suggestive language though)

I also attached the MP3. (download here)

21 Comments to “Your Name Please” Remix

Jeagle101 said on Feb. 26, 2010

“An error occurred, please try again later.”

Darn you YouTube >:(

Chad said on Feb. 26, 2010

Oh my god. This is hilarious. I smell another Vinyl Fantasy type album coming on?

Roo said on Feb. 26, 2010

My God, it’s full of win.

On a related note, I’m constantly amazed at how much fan music there is based on this 15-year-old game. It has to be one of the most remixed/fan remade video game soundtracks of all time. But then again, there is a lot of diverse music in the game to remix, so I guess it makes sense. Large pool to draw from and all that.

Ninji said on Feb. 26, 2010

Awesome, but to me the rapping didn’t make much sense at all, oh well, who cares? It’s still amazing! 😀

EarthBoundRules said on Feb. 26, 2010

Sounds cool!

neonix said on Feb. 26, 2010

The lyrics seem like random bits of today’s typical rap themes mushed with some EarthBound terms. It’s fun.

The remix itself is pretty good; I’d love an instrumental of it.

BroBuzz said on Feb. 26, 2010

I don’t care for rap that much, but this one is pretty good.

Mother 4 said on Feb. 26, 2010

My God, it’s full of win.

Mario.

meleemario said on Feb. 26, 2010

I don’t know about you guys, but not counting Rock Candy, there aren’t a whole lot of remixes from Earthbound out there, if you wander over to OverClocked ReMix, there’s only three remixes…

honeymustard said on Feb. 26, 2010

Really? There are 20.

Komaru said on Feb. 26, 2010

Hope I’m not the only one that thought PK Maaaah when I saw this.

Chico Suave said on Feb. 26, 2010

Uhhh… the name of the Nas song is “Made You Look”, not “Your Name Please”. Am I really the only person who knows this? Damn I feel like a wigger now…

Chico Suave said on Feb. 26, 2010

Oh yea I dug the remix, wish there was an uncensored version though.

PKSTARMAN said on Feb. 26, 2010

I dont like rap but this one was a good and calm rap song…

neonix said on Feb. 27, 2010

Meleemario, you don’t know where you’re looking. Here’s what I recall at the moment:

-Saturnian Go Home (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-Mother Sounds ep (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-Mother Sounds ep2 (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-OTONOISHI (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-OTONOISHI 2 (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-MOTHER + Love (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-MOTHER +Love2 (TWO DISC doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-The INVADANCE!! (doujin MOTHER arrange album)
-Sea-Cat Walkaway -Mother+Original Arrange Album (this one is very unheard-of, it has some surprisingly nice Japanese vocal remixes)
-Mother 1+2 midi version, (not so special, but technically remixes/arrangements)
-Bound Together (huge remix project)
-Go! Go! Starman (another remix album)
-This Album Stinks by Lumine Hall (another remix album)
-NTD Melodies Connection B, an SBFR doujin album with 4 of 7 tracks being MOTHER arrangements
-EB0 by Earthbound Crew, an EB0 rap-remix album
-There’s also the album Famicom CDDX by IOSYS, those two Jesus Are Dead albums, and I’m sure others that feature a MOTHER remix or two among other VG remixes.

I’m sure I missed some, anyone feel free to add to my list.

And if I’m not mistaken, there’s a lot of EB remixes on SM.net’s music section that aren’t on Rock Candy.

Guyman said on Feb. 27, 2010

My problem with this is the same problem I have with rap in general: If I stripped away the music, I could have replaced it with ANYTHING and it would still work if I sequenced it right. This “Your Name Please” remix could just as easily been a remix of the shop theme, or even something completely unrelated to Earthbound. If I took the time out to do it, I could make this into a remix of “I’m a Little Teapot”.

Which is a shame, because the music actually IS somewhat interesting. I’d like to hear it on its own sometime, or maybe with some melodic vocals even.

Aled said on Feb. 27, 2010

Holy crap that sounded really good!

crashpro3 said on Feb. 28, 2010

Very confused and not amused. Just like all of the rap songs that I’ve heard.

missy said on Feb. 28, 2010

freakin’ awesome song :3

SamWibatt said on Feb. 28, 2010

That kicks some pretty major ass! Well done.

A.R.M. said on Mar. 1, 2010