February 21st, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up

This last week was a little slower than the last few, but some interesting stuff did happen, like the EB Zero prototype that sold for $1100. Here’s a look at what EarthBound-related stuff happened elsewhere on the web in the past week:

Community News

I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Again, the big news this week was the EB Zero prototype that sold for a ton of money, but here’s some other cool stuff showed up this week that didn’t get in the spotlight>

You can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And stuff on Amazon:

What’s Up With Itoi

• This past week Itoi mostly talked about the Olympics and Olympic-related stuff, it’s a really big deal over there. Someone from Japan won a bronze medal and a big congratulatory banner was added to Itoi’s site. Itoi also talked about how next month will have another one of his “everyone at the office goes on a big company trip”.

Final Thought

You know that MOTHER 1 novel summary I’ve been neglecting? I was thinking it might be neat if (whenever it’s done) we draw one picture per page and then put them together along with some narration to make a simple video version of the novel. That’s a lot of pages to draw though. Still, I think it could be interesting, and after that a MOTHER 2 version could be done. I actually gotta finish that darn M1 summary first though, but does that sound like a neat idea? Or is it lame and should be burned?

10 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #58

Linkdude said on Feb. 21, 2010

I love the video idea. If only I had some artistic skill, I could help the project come to life. 🙁

Good luck with the summary, though! ^^

WhatsHerFace said on Feb. 21, 2010

The idea of drawing a picture for each page of the novel sounds really cool, Mato! I bet it would be pretty interesting. 🙂

J said on Feb. 21, 2010

Itoi is very generous about taking his company on cool trips! The “big deal” is that bronze medal is a first for Japan in mens figure skating.

The idea for the novel sounds great! I’d like to see it happen.

Darien said on Feb. 21, 2010

Are you thinking of taking the drawings and turning them into an actual movie, like as a Flash animation (or a really big animated .GIF)? Or more like adding them to the summary to illustrate that?

santiagoff said on Feb. 21, 2010

It sounds nice ;D

Ann said on Feb. 21, 2010

The video storybook thing sounds like a really fun project. Maybe people could sign up to do illustrations for different pages on the forums or something. I would definitely be interested in contributing to it.

Linkzcap said on Feb. 21, 2010

Wow that’s crazy. That Japanese site even translated the messages left here..

skyrunner14 said on Feb. 21, 2010

Id love to see that novel movie come to frutation! As long as it’s just a series of still images and nothing animated, I’d love to help.

Satsy said on Feb. 21, 2010

I’d be interested in doing some mini-comic deals to go with the summary. It’d be fun~~

Mato said on Feb. 21, 2010

Darien: It’d be an actual video, probably just a regular video file uploaded to a video site, no need for it to be Flash. It’d be all the pics in order with accompanying text from the summary and with someone reading it aloud.

There’d probably be a forum thread where people can contribute pics for individual pages. But first I’ll need to actually finish the summary of course 😛