Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
February 21st, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up
This last week was a little slower than the last few, but some interesting stuff did happen, like the EB Zero prototype that sold for $1100. Here’s a look at what EarthBound-related stuff happened elsewhere on the web in the past week:
- Some Japanese folks look at one of the EB Central posts from last week, including many of the comments.
- Retro Gaming Life: Retro Game of the Week 028: Earthbound(NES)
- If You Want EarthBound On VC – Send Nintendo A Postcard
- Interview of customers vol.21 (Mother[GAME MUSIC] CD ALBUM)
- video game inspired figurines
- Novidades sobre EarthBound e MOTHER 3!
- Awnsering some questions
- Newspaper headlines from videogames
I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
Again, the big news this week was the EB Zero prototype that sold for a ton of money, but here’s some other cool stuff showed up this week that didn’t get in the spotlight>
You can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- EarthBound (complete with box, guide, game, etc.) in mint condition, never been used!
- EarthBound in-store display card – this is the last one!
- EarthBound advertisement flier from 1995, including the $10 off coupon! – Really rare, also has scratch n sniff stuff.
- Mother Encyclopedia – this is the official player’s guide for Mother 1/EB Zero, and has a lot of the cool humor and stuff that the EB Player’s Guide had 😀
- EarthBound cart + mini Super NES console + some more games
- EarthBound cart + EarthBound Player’s Guide
- Mr. Saturn plushes starting at $27!
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- SF Memory cartridge with MOTHER 2 on it – these were carts you could take to stores in Japan and have a game downloaded onto it for a small fee. They’re no longer in service, and finding one with MOTHER 2 on it will be pretty tough from now on. This is definitely something for serious collectors 😯 Some more info here.
- MOTHER 1+2 Alto Recorder music book
And stuff on Amazon:
What’s Up With Itoi
- This past week Itoi mostly talked about the Olympics and Olympic-related stuff, it’s a really big deal over there. Someone from Japan won a bronze medal and a big congratulatory banner was added to Itoi’s site. Itoi also talked about how next month will have another one of his “everyone at the office goes on a big company trip”.
You know that MOTHER 1 novel summary I’ve been neglecting? I was thinking it might be neat if (whenever it’s done) we draw one picture per page and then put them together along with some narration to make a simple video version of the novel. That’s a lot of pages to draw though. Still, I think it could be interesting, and after that a MOTHER 2 version could be done. I actually gotta finish that darn M1 summary first though, but does that sound like a neat idea? Or is it lame and should be burned?
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #58
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...