February 28th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up

Another interesting week for EarthBound merchandise collectors – first the super-rare EarthBound ruler showed up, then a Franklin Badge (which sadly turned out to be a Mother 3 one), and then a set of the rare EarthBound pogs. The past few weeks have been crazy with all this rare stuff. If this keeps up, maybe an EB64 proto will show up 😀 Okay, maybe not, but that’d be cool.

Anyway, let’s have a look at what EarthBound stuff has happened elsewhere on the web in the past week!

Community News

I smell, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

The last few weeks have been exciting for merchandise collectors. Here’s some of the stuff on eBay from the past week that’s worth checking out!

Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

Last week there was a GREAT deal on Amazon where someone was selling EarthBound + Player’s Guide for only $79.99. I usually post super-awesome deals that won’t last long on the site’s Twitter account, so check it out if you’re into that sort of thing.

Anyway, here’s some stuff on Amazon this week:

What’s Up With Itoi

• This past week Itoi talked a lot about the Olympics and the various Japanese winners. Nothing else of much interest.

Final Thought

Has anyone sent in their postcards for the Postcards for EarthBound thing? If so, what kind of postcard did you send? What did you say on it? How much did it cost to send? Think it’ll make any difference? Tell us all!

Also, I just put up a banner for it here, but I’m horrible at making things like this. Would anyone be willing to make a better one? It needs to be 558×50. If anyone can help, that would be awesome + 2!

12 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #59

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 28, 2010

This week was filled with too much merch. Soon we’ll get used to this and be sad when ebay doesn’t have 20 rare auctions at the same time.

J said on Feb. 28, 2010

What about that unopened box of nintendo cereal that went for $207? Man it’s a good thing there aren’t any Earthbound perishable items. Like Mother brand frozen pizzas.

resetsurvivor said on Feb. 28, 2010

I didn’t get to send the postcard I wanted to, but I still found an awesome desert night sky with lightning and some cacti Arizona postcard. I drew a Mr. Saturn and little versions of the chosen four holdin’ their hands up. It was pretty nice. I hope somebody besides myself enjoys it. Yeah! It might be super naive to say but I hope it does makes a difference.

Darien said on Feb. 28, 2010

Oh, lordy. The Nintendo Cereal System! I remember that. My mother would never get it for us, though. I should have told her that in twenty years it would be worth a fortune. 😉

Ninji said on Feb. 28, 2010

OH SHIT THE EARTHBOUND RULER WENT FOR OVER $700!!

mr.yoshiboy64 said on Feb. 28, 2010

i just got Mother 2 for $12

neonix said on Feb. 28, 2010

I have a magazine ad for the Nintendo Cereal System, framed. But I have yet to hang it up.

And Mato, I’ve delivered the banner you’ve requested. I used photos from the EB guide and made my own Mr. Saturn stamp and stuff. :F

Alternate w/o transparency: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5691/ebcentralpostcardbanner.png

LucasTizma said on Feb. 28, 2010

Ooh, someone get that MOTHER 1 guide. It’s really cool. 🙂

Darien said on Feb. 28, 2010

Man, thanks to this thread I have the song from the Nintendo Cereal System commercials stuck in my head. “Nin-ten-do! It’s for breakfast now! Nin-ten-do! It’s a cereal! Wow!”

You’d think I’d forget these things after twenty years. Apparently this does not occur.

Mato said on Mar. 1, 2010

neonix: thanks, I just put up your banner. I’m impressed with the postcard pics you used – I wanted to use the postcards from the EB player’s guide – is that what you used? I couldn’t find good source images though, so yours are really impressive. How’d you get them?

neonix said on Mar. 1, 2010

Thanks Mato, I’m glad you’re impressed and happy to help out. 😀

I did indeed us the guide book. Using the pdf that is online, Acrobat lets you make a selection of anything and copy it, so that’s what I did. Of course, cropping out the many things that overlap the images. The Scaraba pic was the only one I had to actually edit, but it was a simple healing tool to get rid of the Starman’s feet. The little town stamps are from one of the early pages of the guidebook, but you probably recognized that.

Here are my psd’s if you wanna see: http://www.sendspace.com/file/slaagy

Onion said on Mar. 1, 2010

Insane. All the big money guys are drawing out the auctions.