Ness is Ozzie Boy?
Okay, I think an EarthBound merchandise miracle is underway or something. All this cool, really rare stuff showing up every few days for weeks in a row 😯
The latest rare EarthBound merchandise to hit the auction block is a set of EarthBound pogs!
I never understood the appeal of pogs, even back in the day, but when they were popular Nintendo Power made several sets that you could order through the magazine. One was a set of EarthBound pogs, and it goes without saying that they’re quite hard to come by nowadays.
Also, according to Starmen.Net, the pogs are scratch n sniff and smell like pizza. I don’t think this has ever been confirmed, for some reason I think it might’ve just been an old rumor. If anyone gets these pogs or if anyone already owns a set of them, could you confirm/deny the smelliness claim?
Also, I remember there being a catalog in Nintendo Power that talked about these EarthBound pogs. Does anyone have a scan of that page? I’d love to see it again and share it on the site 😀
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Rare EarthBound Pogs for Sale!
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues