February 27th, 2010 | Auctions, EarthBound, Merchandise

Okay, I think an EarthBound merchandise miracle is underway or something. All this cool, really rare stuff showing up every few days for weeks in a row 😯

The latest rare EarthBound merchandise to hit the auction block is a set of EarthBound pogs!

I never understood the appeal of pogs, even back in the day, but when they were popular Nintendo Power made several sets that you could order through the magazine. One was a set of EarthBound pogs, and it goes without saying that they’re quite hard to come by nowadays.

Also, according to Starmen.Net, the pogs are scratch n sniff and smell like pizza. I don’t think this has ever been confirmed, for some reason I think it might’ve just been an old rumor. If anyone gets these pogs or if anyone already owns a set of them, could you confirm/deny the smelliness claim?

Also, I remember there being a catalog in Nintendo Power that talked about these EarthBound pogs. Does anyone have a scan of that page? I’d love to see it again and share it on the site 😀

35 Comments to Rare EarthBound Pogs for Sale!

Jeagle101 said on Feb. 27, 2010

So much rare EarthBound stuff lately it’s making my head spin! ._O

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 27, 2010

It’s beyond insane. New Mr. Saturn plushes, the ruler, the Franklin Badge (maybe), these POG’s, and the Newspaper that was included with that one Complete EarthBound auction.

It’s…. just too much for one wallet to handle.

Mato said on Feb. 27, 2010

The EB0 proto too 😯

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 27, 2010

Oh yeah, forgot that one.

Keep watching guys, I’ll bet that a Mr. Saturn statue will show up on Ebay in a few days. Seems to be a valid bet, given the current merch situation.

Roo said on Feb. 27, 2010

Remember EarthBound?

It’s back… in Pog form.

WhatsHerFace said on Feb. 27, 2010

They’ll probably go for a lot.

…I’m gonna make my own EB Pogs someday. They will be awesome in their crappyness.

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 27, 2010

You can buy Pog Makers online. Of course, you couldn’t make EB pogs that are attached to a cardboard backing as easily as you could make loose ones, but I digress.

Mookie said on Feb. 27, 2010

lol Roo, I see what you did there, and I like it.

Ninji said on Feb. 27, 2010

As I mentioned before, there is TOO MUCH MERCH!!! This is just too much for my budget, Pogs, Ruler, Badge, F*CK!

EB_Master said on Feb. 27, 2010

I have a set of the pogs, and I can confirm that they are not scratch and sniff. The only smell they have is of old cardboard from the ’90s.

neonix said on Feb. 27, 2010

Wow.

LucasTizma said on Feb. 27, 2010

EB w/ Promo Materials…Ruler…Pogs…Franklin Badge… I…can’t even process…this data…

Ninji said on Feb. 27, 2010

Exactly, even LT is confused now! >:(

LucasTizma said on Feb. 27, 2010

Sorry guys. My sniper rifles are fully armed and my bank has been notified to expect “larger-than-usual transaction volume”. LOL

LucasTizma said on Feb. 27, 2010

@Pigmask Private: Oh jeez! A Mr. Saturn statue would be AMAZING!

Mother 4 said on Feb. 27, 2010

What kind of rich idiot bought the EB0 proto? OH THATS RIGHT. ROO.

Jeagle101 said on Feb. 27, 2010

There’s so much stuff, the Pogs, the EarthBound Proto, The badge, Ruler…

This looks like I’ll need to call for my super team of awesome fighting money stealing Monkeys for this type of assignment.

BottleRocket said on Feb. 27, 2010

Alright, now this is just crazy. All this stuff appearing in a few months… wow. I really have no idea what these will end up going for, let alone the ruler.

BroBuzz said on Feb. 27, 2010

THAT IS IT!!! I am buying this! AND the Franklin Badge! And NO ONE is gonna stand in my way. If someone snipes me, I’ll flecon punch them!

Chrissii said on Feb. 27, 2010

OH NO, I ALWAYS, ALLLLLWAAAAYS WANTED THESE WHEN I WAS LITTLE. T__T I’m never going to get them with all you people and your money.

P Philosophy said on Feb. 27, 2010

Ahh…pogs. I think I still have my skeleton golfer slammer. Wouldn’t dare play with these though. Like taking a brick to the Mona Lisa… >_<

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 27, 2010

Way to go BroBuzz, keep up the nonsense talk. You have yet to sound like an intelligent individual.

Also, the Franklin Badge was found out to be the MOTHER3 one, so go ahead and waste your money (which I doubt you have)

? said on Feb. 28, 2010

You guys act like a bunch of thugs, boasting of “sniping” and calling “dibs” on everything up for auction.

Good luck to everyone, okay?

Ninji said on Feb. 28, 2010

Well, now that it’s confirmed that the FB was an M3 one, I have more spending money on the ruler and the pogs, but I highly doubt that I’ll win them, but I’ll believe. Also, something I noticed is how awesome you guys were in the FB post, Pigmask Private, P Philosophy, and Ice Sage managed to solve the entire case themselves, that shows that the EB community is made of epic win 😀

Psi-Rockin said on Feb. 28, 2010

I would not be surprised to see the 64DD Spaceworld 99′ Mother 3 demo put up on eBay next! (We could only hope 8O) But the string of epic rare swag put up lately it only seems the next logical step! Imagine how much that would bring in??!!

Ninji said on Feb. 28, 2010

@Psi-Rockin, if that happens, well, the second I lay eyes on it it’ll be mine 😀 But I don’t have the 64DD because it’s too expensive, and just a load of crap altogether 🙁

MG said on Feb. 28, 2010

How do you play with pogs? I guess I never heard of the fad.

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 28, 2010

You stack ’em… AND SLAM ‘EM!

Psi-Rockin said on Feb. 28, 2010

@Ninji – You can have it, I am happy with my humble collection of Mother 1, Earthbound and Mother 3 (Which I got for 14 bucks because I followed Mato’s advice to pick it up when it was discounted on Play-Asia)
@ MG – You must be too young to have been around during the days of pogs, it was basically gambling at my school, whoever had the cool pogs were cool; until the day EVERYONE stopped playing, and it was like taboo to even mention them, that was the last fad I fell for as a kid.

Ninji said on Feb. 28, 2010

@Psi-Rockin, I was just joking about that EB64 thing, even if I got it, how could I play it without an N64DD? And even so, I wouldn’t understand a thing, so I would have been robbed of money either way, so may the best man win that (*points at LT*) if it ever goes on eBay, hopefully 🙂

neonix said on Feb. 28, 2010

The benefit of not spending so much money on every item now is having a lot more to spend if/when something like a MOTHER 3 64 proto goes up. I’d be willing to toss a lot of cash out on that thing if it ever did surface.

santiagoff said on Feb. 28, 2010

Rare Merchandise Flooding o.o

blahblah said on Jul. 17, 2010

I am like the ONLY one commenting on old posts. 🙂 yay

Earthbound dude said on Apr. 29, 2011

WOW THATS AWESOME!

Mother Fanatic said on Aug. 14, 2011

If they WERE scratch and sniff, what would Poo smell like?