Just Slap EarthBound On It
Okay, I think an EarthBound merchandise miracle is underway or something. All this cool, really rare stuff showing up every few days for weeks in a row 😯
The latest rare EarthBound merchandise to hit the auction block is a set of EarthBound pogs!
I never understood the appeal of pogs, even back in the day, but when they were popular Nintendo Power made several sets that you could order through the magazine. One was a set of EarthBound pogs, and it goes without saying that they’re quite hard to come by nowadays.
Also, according to Starmen.Net, the pogs are scratch n sniff and smell like pizza. I don’t think this has ever been confirmed, for some reason I think it might’ve just been an old rumor. If anyone gets these pogs or if anyone already owns a set of them, could you confirm/deny the smelliness claim?
Also, I remember there being a catalog in Nintendo Power that talked about these EarthBound pogs. Does anyone have a scan of that page? I’d love to see it again and share it on the site 😀
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Rare EarthBound Pogs for Sale!
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!