Prof. Sakamoto & Hyadain Hobonichi Concert
Update: It’s been confirmed that this is the MOTHER 3 Franklin Badge and not the MOTHER 1 Franklin Badge. While the M1 badges are unbelievably rare, the M3 ones are pretty hard to come by too, especially by themselves.
When MOTHER was released in Japan, a bunch of strategy guides flooded the market. Possibly as a way to stand out from the crowd, the official strategy guides had a contest you could participate in, and 200 lucky winners would win a Franklin Badge from the game. Naturally, these badges are very rare nowadays and tend to go for high prices. A few years back, someone in Japan tried to sell one with a starting bid of $9000. Obviously it didn’t sell, but yikes.
Anyway, it looks like one of these rare badges was just listed on eBay:
Now, it’s important to note that the MOTHER 3 Deluxe Boxes also came with Franklin Badges. These are somewhat rare too, but were much easier to get (you could actually buy them as part of the MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box set) and were much greater in quantity. The biggest obvious difference between the two badges is that the original version has a gold background while the MOTHER 3 one has a white background:
Judging from the picture on the auction page, this one up for sale looks to be one of the MOTHER 1 badges. If so, it definitely belongs in a future EarthBound Museum (to be built when I’m a jillionaire) 😯
Other Related Posts:
66 Comments to Original Franklin Badge for Sale?
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...