Wario Ware EarthBound Stuff
Update: It’s been confirmed that this is the MOTHER 3 Franklin Badge and not the MOTHER 1 Franklin Badge. While the M1 badges are unbelievably rare, the M3 ones are pretty hard to come by too, especially by themselves.
When MOTHER was released in Japan, a bunch of strategy guides flooded the market. Possibly as a way to stand out from the crowd, the official strategy guides had a contest you could participate in, and 200 lucky winners would win a Franklin Badge from the game. Naturally, these badges are very rare nowadays and tend to go for high prices. A few years back, someone in Japan tried to sell one with a starting bid of $9000. Obviously it didn’t sell, but yikes.
Anyway, it looks like one of these rare badges was just listed on eBay:
Now, it’s important to note that the MOTHER 3 Deluxe Boxes also came with Franklin Badges. These are somewhat rare too, but were much easier to get (you could actually buy them as part of the MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box set) and were much greater in quantity. The biggest obvious difference between the two badges is that the original version has a gold background while the MOTHER 3 one has a white background:
Judging from the picture on the auction page, this one up for sale looks to be one of the MOTHER 1 badges. If so, it definitely belongs in a future EarthBound Museum (to be built when I’m a jillionaire) 😯
Other Related Posts:
66 Comments to Original Franklin Badge for Sale?
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...