February 5th, 2010 | Merchandise, MOTHER 3

A little while back I posted about how new mini-Mr. Saturn plushes would be hitting Japanese arcades in February. Well, it’s February and I think today (in Japan) marks the first day that they’re available. I see that they’re starting to show up on Yahoo Auctions Japan too.

It’s still too soon to know how high these will sell for, but my guess is that when they’re on eBay they’ll generally go for between $50 and $80. Any higher and it’d be far cheaper to just import some from Japan.

If anyone gets ahold of one of these, please take lots of pics and/or videos for us! If you’re in Japan, you can see a list of arcades that have these guys here.

18 Comments to Mini Mr. Saturns are Out

Poe said on Feb. 5, 2010

I’m glad the Saturns are getting more attention, but the nose on this mini version is a little ugly. It looks like he has a pretty big surgery scar.

Darien said on Feb. 5, 2010

I’m wondering if that’s largely an artifact of the lighting in the photograph; in my experience, that sort of seam is rarely quite so… scar-y.

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 5, 2010

It’s probably just the lighting, yeah. I plan on getting around six of these. 🙂

Wafffo said on Feb. 5, 2010

theres one on Yahoo! auctions Japan for 1,100 yen right now
i wanna get it

I am a loser said on Feb. 5, 2010

Man.. I wish I had one so I could pass it on to my
son..

Mato said on Feb. 5, 2010

Waffo: It still has a day left on it though, so it’ll probably go for a bit higher than that.

neonix said on Feb. 5, 2010

Hmm. Ideally, I’d want to get 5 or 6 of these to have a ladder on my collection shelf, and one in a random location that is yet to be designated…

Of course, if they end up too pricey, I may have to limit myself to 1 or 2. Definitely have to get at least one of em.

Chrissii said on Feb. 5, 2010

I’ve been thinking this for a long time about the other Mr Saturn plushes, but isn’t there anyone in the starmen/ebc community who lives in Japan who could act as a middle-man to providing others in the community a nearly-at-cost way to get access to this stuff? I’ve seen it done so many times in Pokemon communities and the like. :\

LucasTizma said on Feb. 5, 2010

@neonix Wanna go splitsies on EMS and combine, like, 10 YAJ orders for these? XD

LucasTizma said on Feb. 5, 2010

@Chrissii I’d be willing to stockpile a TON of these and ship them all out at once to save on shipping…maybe resale them for a cheap price + cheap shipping just to get as many of these in the US. Hmmm…

BottleRocket said on Feb. 5, 2010

I can’t wait for these to hit eBay, hopefully they’ll be a bit more affordable than the others. A middle man service would be even better, though!

WallHack said on Feb. 5, 2010

@LucasTizma Dooooo ittttttt!! I want a few of these things so bad, but my meager paying job barely allowed me to spend $80 on a copy of Earthbound 🙁

neonix said on Feb. 6, 2010

@LucasTizma, I would actually, but I already have a buncha crap waiting with celga and another middleman service, so I’m already stuck paying for two shipments anyway, so I might as well pack the keychains with one of those.

Although, I may get impatient and not want to wait for the stuff I have in their warehouses, in which case, I’ll let you know for sure.

Since these things are small, ti shouldn’t add too much to my shipping cost, so I’ll probably put out for a good number of them and then factor out the average cost and then sell some cheap to good people on here who couldn’t afford to import any themselves. =)

Just not sure how many I would stockpile. There’s the risk of not being able to resell all of them and having lost money. Maybe if I got people to commit to buying them from me before I buy them, I could have a minimum number of how many to buy.

Husky said on Feb. 6, 2010

I plan on getting out to one of those arcades eventually and trying my luck but…frankly I’m worried I won’t be able to win one period. I’ve never had much luck with crane games :b

pidgezero_one said on Feb. 6, 2010

hey don’t get too carried away i was planning on getting 2 🙁

Chrissii said on Feb. 6, 2010

@LucasTizma I don’t know about everyone else, but I’d be willing to pay an extra fee for your time/efforts/etc and not having to deal with an auction system! Depending on how much you wound up selling them for, I’d actually love to get two of these little guys (since the chances of me ever being able to afford the exuberant amount of money that the regular size plush usually goes for are slim), so there’s that.

@neonix Same goes for you if you end up doing this instead of Lucas… if you both do it, maybe I’ll get one from each of you to be fair. XD As far as having too many, well A) You can make ladders out of the extras, or B) eBay. 😛

captain_falcon said on Feb. 8, 2010

Mr. Saturns are nice and all, but official MOTHER plushes of other characters would be nice. I have seen Mr. Saturns of varying sizes and handkerchiefery. Wouldn’t some enemy plushes or, dare I say it, main character plushes be nice, and possibly reel in customers who already have a Mr. Saturn?

2Sang said on Jul. 17, 2012

Got one about a month ago. So boingin awesome

Find Merchandise!