February 26th, 2010 | MOTHER 3, Videos

First: This is not real. This is a fan creation.

I came across this video just now and thought it was kind of neat. Mostly it made me imagine how nice it would be if there was ever such an announcement.

I wonder how a DS version of MOTHER 3 (or any of the other games for that matter) would work. I’m guessing one screen would be relegated to stats or maps or something. I kind of hate it when games do that, but what else could there be? I guess something like Mr. Saturn commentary as you play the game (kind of like Disgaea had) would be neat.

Anyway, that’s just me thinking out loud. I doubt this will ever happen. BTW, you can get the box art used for this video here. It’s kind of neat. Colorful, if anything.

30 Comments to Fake MOTHER 3 DS Trailer

wasad said on Feb. 26, 2010

Wow, that’s really neat!

Now if only this would happen D:

Chrissii said on Feb. 26, 2010

Wow, that boxart/logo/presentation is wonderful, honestly. Exactly what I imagine a real US release would look like! If only… :<

Komaru said on Feb. 26, 2010

I’m actually not too sure if the commentary would be the best idea. Sure, it worked for Disgaea, but just take a look at the US version of Gatchaman.

meleemario said on Feb. 26, 2010

Very professional. Now if only we could send this to Nintendo, and convince them that we’d like this on the DS, or at the very least, send this to the folks over at Brownie Brown.

Ninji said on Feb. 26, 2010

GIMME, NOW!!!! 😀 A job well done, now let’s have a MOTHER 1+2+3 fake trailer/teaser!! 😛

meleemario said on Feb. 26, 2010

Actually, I like that idea too Ninji. How rad would it be if all three games were on one DS cart? That would be AWESOME! I can imagine the games would look/feel incredible too, if that makes any sense at all.

PK Mt. Fuji said on Feb. 26, 2010

It’d be nice to put all the menus and junk on the touch screen so you wouldn’t have to press start.

JamesBond007 said on Feb. 26, 2010

Of course fake, because on the beginning of the trailer, the game is not rated yet by ESRB (Rating Pending). On the boxart at the end, the game is already rated (Everyone).

Swyldp said on Feb. 26, 2010

I actually like having menus and stuff on the separate screen, it makes things much less cluttered, and it’s good for games like Phoenix Wright where you might want to see both the goings-on and the menus at the same time. Still, The World Ends With You was the game I thought made the best use of the two screens, the only one I’d seen that made you look at both screens to do well in the game. I like that challenge.

Darien said on Feb. 26, 2010

I don’t really love having menus on the second screen, but I’m quite a fan of having maps or stats or whatever other ancillary information presented that way. It sort of drives me crazy when games waste the second screen on some useless flash — like the stupid Poketch — and then make me pause the action to dig out the map.

PKSTARMAN said on Feb. 26, 2010

The logo sucked but God Damn! Really, this was a great idea for a MOTHER 3 gameplay if ever existed. The scene sketch… It reminds me of a game on DS, but I forgot. =p

Earthbound Wisher said on Feb. 26, 2010

this is a good fan trailer.

Ashura said on Feb. 27, 2010

box art says 2004 on the back.

8BitWalugi said on Feb. 27, 2010

OBJECTION!

There was a contradiction in that video!
At the beginning it says ‘Rating Pending’…
BUT AT THE END, THE BOX SAYS ‘E, FOR EVERYONE’!!!

GASP!

Check it for yourself!

Yoshimad123 said on Feb. 27, 2010

Lawl, I saw this when it was first uploaded.
It’s awesome.

Batandy said on Feb. 27, 2010

Well…Mother 1+2+3 would be awesome.
Maybe like in Metroid Prime 3 or Triology, by beating bosses you get coins that makes you able to download
sketches,scripts and addons like unlocked music.

And about Mother 3…in the top screen there would be the main game,when in the bottom screen there would be the map, but if you haven’t still got the map, it will show the earthbound logo.
And if you press start , on the top screen you will see 3d models of the characters, while on the bottom screen you have the menu. The upscreen’s camera moves when you select a character.

Also in the cutscenes,the screen would be splitted like in the video.

Pkhypernova said on Feb. 28, 2010

This would be epic. Seriously the person who made this is pro. But the video kinda spoils the game Showing the Masked Man (Claus)MAJOR SPOILERS! Other than that if we sent this to Nintendo I guess they might do it. Also just imagine the merchandise for this game. Figures, books, players guide. (With 8 new scratch and sniff stickers of course its now earthbound if it doesn’t have stickers!)Any way It was well done and I hope someone at Nintendo saw this video and is talking with Browniee Brown at this very moment.

~HyperNova

santiagoff said on Feb. 28, 2010

That looks nice :3

Johnwalt said on Mar. 4, 2010

I think they Nintendo should try releasing it. I mean with Lucas in brawl, its bound to be a hit with all the people wondering what Mother 3 is.

PS. Whoever made this video is like a pro omg O_o
And i liked how the stats were on the bottom in battle with the masked man 😀

YoshiStar said on Mar. 6, 2010

Lol, whooa, never knew anyone linked to this 🙂 I made that box and video. =] Believe me if you wanna. Yeah, I made some mistakes, and I could’ve done better on the logo, but I made it all just for my love of Mother 3. And I hate the offical sucky boxart, lol

Ness said on Mar. 28, 2010

THIS LOOKS SO REAL!!! maybe it is… someday…

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 10, 2010

@Jamesbon007 and 8bitwaluigi
You are being WAY too picky.
….

Not THAT Picky!

Ness said on Jul. 20, 2010

Someone gotta make a Homebrew like that!

Earthbound Wisher said on Jul. 30, 2010

most real fan trailer ever!!!

fat kid said on Oct. 4, 2010

one thing. i would beleve its real but it would be calld earthbound 2

Lucas said on Oct. 9, 2010

I already got mother 3 for my Ds in japanese and I’m in chapter 4. I would get the game again if they release it in english that way I can have the same game but in a different language.

Matteomax said on May. 1, 2011

If the trailer was real, the game wouldnt be rated E because of some bad language. (T maybe?) 😀

Zoom! said on Aug. 20, 2011

You know….just play the Japanese M3 on your DS. Boom. M3 on DS 🙂

Zoom! said on Oct. 31, 2011

Crap the videos been taken down.

Rhyselinn said on Oct. 26, 2012

Dang it! 🙁
It would be cool (albeit super time-consuming) if Earthboundcentral had its own youtube channel for stuff like this, so that if the original gets taken down or whatever, then the blog still has it… sigh…