MOTHER 1+2&3 in German Gamepro
The auction for that EarthBound Zero prototype cartridge that recently popped up on eBay has ended, and the final price was approximately $1,187.56.
It sounds like good ol’ Roo was the winner this time around, meaning this is probably the first time someone active in the fan community has gotten ahold of one of these prototypes. Roo, if you remember, is the guy who made that cool EarthBound documentary video and the EarthBound review that went along with it.
Last summer, a different EarthBound Zero prototype sold for $1500, so I guess this is the approximate market value they have.
I’m also reminded of that possible EarthBound Super NES prototype that sold a few months ago. I wonder what ever happened with that. Does anyone know?
I guess I’ll have to update the ol’ EB0 Prototype List with these new details. I know I’ve forgotten some details for the other carts, so if you see any information I’m missing there, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to EB Zero Proto Sells for over $1100
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues