February 15th, 2010 | Misc., MOTHER 1

Andy sent this in not too long ago:

Hey there!

Now, I’m not sure if this is anything really all that earth-shattering, but I am a casual blogger under the tumblr site: http://passthemilk.tumblr.com/

For the next week or so, I’ll be creating a new post or two everyday chronicling my creating of an Earthbound Zero Pippi rug for my brother and sister-in-law’s new baby. Thing is, the baby is due next Monday.

So I’m essentially trying to get some fan motivation by getting hits and comments on my blog for the next seven days in order to get this quilt done quality-like.

If this is too silly of a request, I COMPLETELY understand. I can never turn down both self-promoting and outside motivation.

Thanks for your time!

For more info and details, see here: The Ultimate Motivation Project

11 Comments to EB Zero Baby Motivation Project

Roo said on Feb. 16, 2010

That is ridiculously cute. Makes me wish I had the talent to do something like that.

I’ll be sure to follow his progress.

neonix said on Feb. 16, 2010

That’s a lucky baby :)

Mother 4 said on Feb. 16, 2010

Well you got money Roo, you could just hire somebody to make one for you. Or teach you.

Steak said on Feb. 16, 2010

Like knives, Mother 4

Ninji said on Feb. 16, 2010

Wait a second, I remember Andy saying that he was only 11 years old, how is an 11 year old making a rug? Quite bizarre, but if I knew baby girls/boys, they would probably completely ignore the greatness of the MOTHER series, and probably go pick up and play some new generation crap that video game companies have concocted besides, all babies do is gurgle and mess around, he/she would probably destroy the rug in a year or so, but really? You can’t introduce someone to the world of MOTHER in the diapers stage, so I think that you, Andy, should give him/her that rug when he/she’s ready for it, or you could just give it to someone like me! ;D

Fuzzy_pickles said on Feb. 16, 2010

Actually, that’s me – and I’m 22 years old. Not quite 11. I only wish I had the foresight as an eleven-year-old to make something like that.

You guys have absolutely NO idea how much this motivates me. I should have a new post tonight!

Roo said on Feb. 16, 2010

Had, Mother 4. I HAD money.

And thanks, Fuzzy Pickles, looking forward to the update.

Ailure said on Feb. 16, 2010

Hehe, Pippi…

I think most Americans would miss that reference unfortunately.

Ice Sage said on Feb. 16, 2010

I don’t think that Pippi Longstocking is outside of most Americans’ cultural scope. It’s kind of hard to miss a glaring reference like that in any case, but maybe I’m just weird…?

In any case, I think using Pippi for the rug is brilliant – Pippi was one of the most exemplary culture references in MOTHER (next to the EB0 town names and the Rosemarys), and heaven knows the next generation of children needs to be more in tune with history and culture. Keep up the good work! :)

Gabo said on Jul. 28, 2010

I 100% believe Itoi made Pippi based of the other Pippi.
You know, Pippi Longstocking.

deadly_feather said on Aug. 14, 2010

I would imagine the sprite of Ninten smiling. He would love this as much as who’s getting the blanket!