February 4th, 2010 | EarthBound, Images, Merchandise

Many months ago I posted about LucasTizma’s latest additions to his MOTHER collection. But a true collector can never stop, which is why he went and ordered yet another huge batch of MOTHER stuff from Japan. Here are his latest spoils:

When I first saw these pics I thought, “Oh, that’s not a very big collection.” But then I realized that this is just his most recent stuff from this month. Also, it cost $3000 😯 I can’t even begin to imagine what his entire collection cost!

37 Comments to Another Load of MOTHER

userofdoom said on Feb. 4, 2010

Dammit Lucas, stop buying M2 related stuff! Save some for the rest of us!

Ninji said on Feb. 4, 2010

DAYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!! Lucas where the hell did you get all this stuff? And more importantly where can I get some of THAT 😛

no name given said on Feb. 4, 2010

amazing

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 4, 2010

You’re a great man, LucasTizma. And I’m glad that one of those Mr. Saturns is going to me!

Carl said on Feb. 4, 2010

I think the guys from the “display card” comment thread would have something to say about the cost of this collection.

But never mind the nay-sayers; I think your collection is is awesome. It’s obvious that you get a great deal of pleasure from tracking down some of these rare/obscure products, and I understand how exhilarating that sort of thing can be.

Great collection, man.

Mister Crosser said on Feb. 4, 2010

Hey uh… lucastizma… Where is your house.. I would to um… like to come over nad view your uh, collection

Darien said on Feb. 4, 2010

You’re a madman, Lucas. But you sure do make being an Earthbound fan that much more interesting. 🙂

Mr. Nosy said on Feb. 4, 2010

I notice that cook-manga…

Son of Welcome said on Feb. 4, 2010

When I become rich and famous, I’d TOTALLY wanna buy some of that stuff from you.

shibaru said on Feb. 4, 2010

Oh my o.o

Chasmang said on Feb. 4, 2010

Out of that stash, I have the MOTHER Encyclopedia and MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box…I fail. :p

pooppoop said on Feb. 4, 2010

as one of the guys from the display card thread i would say that materials actually created by people involved in the series and people who actually care about the series is cool.

i would advise however that you take some of the money next time and rent a carpet shampooer.

neonix said on Feb. 5, 2010

^lol

As another one of the guys from the display cart thread, I ditto what pooppoop said. He put it perfectly.

@LucasTizma, I have that M2 poster you have. It’s framed and on my wall. I paid a somewhat hefty price for it, but THAT was worth every penny.

Tokoro said on Feb. 5, 2010

Lucas, can I be your best friend forever so I can come see all this stuff? :3

Nice collection.

Jeagle101 said on Feb. 5, 2010

Great collection Lucas, ya lucky bastard 😛

Mother 4 said on Feb. 5, 2010

Somebody likes to waste their money.

sigh said on Feb. 5, 2010

“Somebody likes to waste their money.”

*sigh*

You know… it’s becoming more than obvious to me at this point that there are a lot of people here lately, who just don’t understand the mind of a collector, have no capacity to understand the mind of a collector, have no appreciation for collections, and aren’t even remotely qualified to pass any sort of judgment on a collector of anything, seeing as they have precisely zero concept of what they are even yammering about.

For all of these misinformed, ignorant, judgmental, clueless types, easily dismissing the collection or the hobby of another person based on your own lack of understanding…. Please. Just don’t say anything more. You just don’t get it.

You won’t get it. You won’t TRY to get it. And you can’t get it. It’s beyond your capacity to understand what drives someone to start a collection, have a hobby or anything of the sort. So, if you have nothing valuable or meaningful to say, just stop trying to say it.

It’s like pissing against the wind at this point.

Stop trying to criticize what others spend their own personal money on for their own personal reasons. You people seem to be trying desperately to give the impression that you’re better than anyone else who does want to buy an Earthbound display card, or a Mother 2 promotional item. Well, the fact is that you’re not. You’re not any better.

If you can’t figure out why someone does what they do, or for what reason that it’s important to them long enough to look past your own noses, then actually, you’re just worse rather than better.

Ponyo at the Beach said on Feb. 5, 2010

Yes, I agree with sigh. It’s very important to respect the difficulties of others in obtaining such materials.

Carl said on Feb. 5, 2010

I heartily endorse Sigh’s remarks.

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 5, 2010

“Somebody likes to waste their money”

… I’m glad Sigh got to it before I had a chance to make an ass of myself.

neonix said on Feb. 5, 2010

@sigh, I’m a collector myself. I have a fairly wide MOTHER collection which a lot of money has gone into. I love collecting things and have had plenty collections in my lifetime. I know the mind of a collector because I have one.

That said, I still have my opinion, and can choose what I think is worth paying for to be in my collection.

So, don’t think everyone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money doesn’t know what it means to be a collector.

Poe said on Feb. 5, 2010

This conversation reminds me of that Powerpuff Girls episode where there was a huuuuge collector of PPG stuff and he finally collected EVERYTHING and then was left with no purpose in life. So he tried to collect the actual Powerpuff Girls!

Hey LucasTizma, are you going to hold onto everything you have or will you eventually sell some of it? I see you have a few copies of the same things up there.

Onion said on Feb. 5, 2010

Man, I really wish I could score one of those big Mother 2 flyers or really ANY of the Mother posters. I am just dying to have one for my wall.

Darien said on Feb. 5, 2010

Poe: Curiously, I also was reminded of the Powerpuff Girls by this conversation, though I was thinking of the Supper Villain episode, since a lot of this reminds me of stuff Bud Smith would say.

Coincidentally, Supper Villain was the second short in the same episode as Collect Her. It’s an omen!

LucasTizma said on Feb. 5, 2010

Heyo! First, thanks to everyone who congratulated me! To those who think I’m an idiot, I understand! 🙂 Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, and I have spent a lot of money. I happen to think that EVERY penny I paid for my MOTHER stuff is worth it. And I’m certainly not done yet. 🙂

@Poe, I’d be glad to sell/trade some of the duplicates, but probably only to people I know or give them as gifts. Probably won’t sell them on eBay or anything.

Okay, gotta go. Just got to Boston and got my new apartment, so I have a lot of unpacking to do! Maybe I can spread my MOTHER love to my new coworkers!!!!

neonix said on Feb. 5, 2010

LT, you better not forget about me when you decide to sell duplicates. If you have dupes anything I don’t have, I call dibs!

LucasTizma said on Feb. 5, 2010

@neonix, let’s chat. I’m sure something can be arranged. 🙂 Have your people call my people (note: my “people” currently includes my cat and my iMac).

neonix said on Feb. 6, 2010

Lol, Lucas, I’ll hit you up on AIM at some point. I have to stick to a budget for a little while. 😛

FinalstarmanDX said on Feb. 6, 2010

Tizma, tell us the truth. You’re Bill Gates.

neonix said on Feb. 7, 2010

If Bill Gates were interested in the Mother series, that would make me a little more interested in Microsoft.

Ann said on Feb. 7, 2010

Hey, LucasTizma, would you ever consider scanning some of those dojins?

LucasTizma said on Feb. 7, 2010

@Ann: Absolutely! Gimme some time to settle in to Boston! It’s a big place. O.o

LucasTizma said on Feb. 7, 2010

@neonix: Me too! >.<

Darien said on Feb. 7, 2010

Boston is not only a big place, it’s also an extremely confusing place. That just adds to the charm, far as I’m concerned. 😉

LucasTizma said on Feb. 9, 2010

@Darien: You can say that again! Every road splits off into three other roads, and they all have 5 names each! O.o But I love this place so far. Any other EBers who live here?! 😀

Oh and regarding the VERY first comment: I try to only buy stuff that I don’t have or is exceptionally rare. I’m not a jerk, and I plan on perhaps donating my duplicates to Mato or the other SM.net crew to use as contest/promotional prizes for the community.

I can’t wait to sit down and really go through all this stuff. 🙂

I am a loser said on Feb. 9, 2010

dude would u give me one of ur saturns
🙁 I will beat u i will post my collection!! >(

iwata kicks you know what said on Jan. 7, 2011

I was born way to late :{(