M1+2 Translation Update (Jan. 29)
January 17th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up
Already a new week! Yikes!
- 5 Nintendo Franchises That Need a Sequel
- 16-Bit Gems #11: EarthBound – The Review (Super Nintendo)
- Mother 1 (Earthbound Zero) Music – Poltergeist
- Developer Interview: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- I Feel Link Ranting
- What Is This?! Mother 3
- MOTHER 3 just the prolouge so far. im lazy :/
- So I am playing Mother 3 and
Woozle wuzzle. I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
After a few slow post-holiday weeks, EarthBound-related merch has been showing up more and more. Here’s some of the cool stuff that showed up this past week!
Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box! – these are starting to get really rare
- MOTHER 2/EarthBound manga/comic book – should be in any good collection
- New MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn preorder strap
- Giygas Woodburning
- Giant Mr. Saturn Plushie
- EarthBound + Illusion of Gaia + A Link to the Past
- MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn plushie – super duper rare!
EarthBound cart prices have been crazy still, with almost all cart-only auctions set at $100 at LEAST 😯 Seriously, you know things are getting out of hand when you see things like this:
Unless there’s ever a rerelease or a Virtual Console release or something like that, these prices are just gonna get crazier year after year 😯
Anyway, here’s some other cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Giant Mr. Saturn plushie – pretty insane prices though
- MOTHER 3 + Mr. Saturn straps
- Unused MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box
- Rare MOTHER 2 promo poster
- Set of 4 MOTHER 2 strategy guides
And stuff on Amazon:
- EarthBound Player’s Guide for $69.99 this week
- EarthBound starting at $121 this week
- Here’s a bunch of other stuff that’s EarthBound-related in some way
What’s Up With Itoi
- Nothing too special this week either. I guess one thing that’s noteworthy is that for the past year or two Itoi has been making homemade jam after someone taught him how. He calls himself the Old Jam Guy sometimes. His most recent creation was ginger jam. I bet that’s really tough to make just right.
People seemed to like the “Where’s Ness” thing from last week, so here’s another one from ancient days. I didn’t make these, I just have them saved from years and years ago.
BTW, if anyone wants to make any of these, send them in and I’ll post them here each week (or more often if there are more). I like these things, I just don’t have time to make any myself.
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #53
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...