EarthBound Script Dump
January 10th, 2010 | Weekly Round-Up
Well, here it is, week 52. In fact, it looks like I opened the site this exact day last year. So it’s been one year of EarthBound Central. Cool!
Like I mentioned before, it’s been tough to keep this updated especially lately because of lack of time, so it’s possible that I might switch things around sometime this year, like bringing on other people to post stuff once in a while, or have a community news system or something, I dunno. If you have any suggestions, let me know! In a couple months (hopefully) you’ll be able to see why I’ve been so busy. Until then, if you’ve sent in news and it seems like it’s taking forever to get posted, don’t fret. I usually get to all the submissions in one way or another – if not a regular post then I’ll probably include it in another super “megathon” update. So stay cool my Boundies!
Okay, let’s take a look at what EarthBound stuff has happened elsewhere on the webernet this past week:
- EarthBound Soundboard v1.01 Application for Android
- The Big Lebowski Goes Earthbound – PART 1 They peed on my rug
- Chapter 21 – My Dream’s But a Drop of Fuel for a Nightmare
- Who the Heck Wants to Save the World?!
- The Ten Most Rare and Expensive Super Nintendo Games
- Raider Of The Lost Games Says Canceled Projects Belong In A Museum
- Hollywood working on an Earthbound movie – not what you think though
I’m an old man-tomato so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
EarthBound/MOTHER merchandise has been drying up considerably on eBay, Amazon, AND Yahoo Auctions Japan these past few weeks. I wonder why. EarthBound carts are going as high as $200?? There are almost no cheap EB carts with buy-it-now for under $100 now, used to be you could find at least five at any one time between $60 and $85. There are almost no MOTHER 3 Deluxe Boxes on eBay anymore, used to be there were always around five or so at any one time, even if they were a little overpriced. And there’ve been a lot more counterfeit EarthBound Zero carts these past two or three weeks too.
I think Nintendo has evil ninja spies that are going around taking away everyone’s EarthBound swag. So if you have any stuff, watch out!
So here’s what stuff there is this week. Remember you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn Phone Strap – a rare preorder bonus, definitely snag this if you can!
- Giant Mr. Saturn plushie! – just watch out for its equally giant price tag 😯
- MOTHER 1 Strategy Guide – remember that post I made just yesterday? This isn’t the same guide, but it’s very similar. So check it out if you like cool EB Player’s Guide-type stuff!
- Custom handmade Mr. Saturn sculpture thing – obviously not official, but maybe a big fan can give it a nice home
- EarthBound for $95 – told you prices are going up on these things 😯 Even despite the fact that this one isn’t very pretty-looking!
- EarthBound for SNES w/ Player’s Guide
- Earthbound 2 (mother2) – wtf??? Also, why is this $200?
- MOTHER 3 for $43
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Complete copy of MOTHER 2 + three somewhat rare MOTHER 2 strategy guides!
- Some sort of Japanese Ness telephone card, it actually appears to be official and it looks like it was drawn by Benimaru Itoh, EarthBound’s character designer. – I’ve never, ever seen this before. Can this really be real? It seems to be based on Itoh’s “Ness’ Adventure” manga, which I own. But I didn’t know about this…
And stuff on Amazon:
- Buy EarthBound on Amazon, prices starting from $130
- EarthBound Player’s Guide for $59.99
- Official MOTHER 1+2 soundtrack CD also available at Amazon.com
What’s Up With Itoi
- Nothing much of interest this week, except maybe that Itoi wasn’t really impressed by the commercials for the Avatar movie but decided to go see it anyway and was really impressed by the movie.
That darn romance movie named “EarthBound” that’s in the works makes it harder for me to find the REAL EarthBound stuff. Smelly movie.
I don’t have time for a “what’s wrong with this?” pic this week, instead I’ll leave you with this “Where’s Ness?” pic by Netaro:
click to enrage
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #52
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...