EarthBound Text Adventure Hack
This isn’t very well-known outside of Japan, but one day, while on a fishing trip, Shigesato Itoi visited a small curry shop near Mt. Fuji and was wowed by the curry they had there. His praise made the curry famous across the country, and thus “Itoriki Curry” was born, and an entire business built up around it apparently.
Apparently this Itoriki Curry uses Japanese saké to get its good flavor. It’s so well-known that you can even order it online, through the restaurant directly or through places like Yahoo! Auctions Japan.
The packaging for the packets is interesting. It uses a big hand-written message from Itoi about how good it is, when a good time to eat it is, and stuff like that. It also has plenty of his weird little drawings he likes to include with his messages like that. No Mr. Saturns or anything this time though.
click to enlarge
The curry comes in several different varieties, including coconut curry, Indian curry, beef curry.
If you get a chance, try some or try visiting one of the restaurants. I’d love to hear people’s opinions about it! I loves me some curry 😀
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Loves Curry
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...