The MOTHER 3 E-mail
This isn’t very well-known outside of Japan, but one day, while on a fishing trip, Shigesato Itoi visited a small curry shop near Mt. Fuji and was wowed by the curry they had there. His praise made the curry famous across the country, and thus “Itoriki Curry” was born, and an entire business built up around it apparently.
Apparently this Itoriki Curry uses Japanese saké to get its good flavor. It’s so well-known that you can even order it online, through the restaurant directly or through places like Yahoo! Auctions Japan.
The packaging for the packets is interesting. It uses a big hand-written message from Itoi about how good it is, when a good time to eat it is, and stuff like that. It also has plenty of his weird little drawings he likes to include with his messages like that. No Mr. Saturns or anything this time though.
click to enlarge
The curry comes in several different varieties, including coconut curry, Indian curry, beef curry.
If you get a chance, try some or try visiting one of the restaurants. I’d love to hear people’s opinions about it! I loves me some curry 😀
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Loves Curry
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.