January 19th, 2010 | Merchandise, MOTHER 3

Remember those MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushes that you could win in Japanese arcades in 2006? Then last year they put them in arcades again? Well, it looks like they’re going to be returning yet again starting next month! They’ll be in select Japanese arcades from February 6th to March 6th.

Chewy found the info on the official Banpresto prize site here. The actual page is here, don’t mind the sparseness, the site is mainly for cell phone users.

Apparently the Mr. Saturn plush was the most popular prize according to the company’s surveys, and that’s why they brought it back again. These were already starting to get rare and pricey again, so hopefully this will make it easier for us outside of Japan to buy for a sane price.

I’ll post more info whenever it comes in. Looks like I’ll need to update this pretty soon 😛

14 Comments to Mr. Saturn Plushes, Part 3

Roo said on Jan. 19, 2010

Ebay – serving your cravings for obscure Japanese-made video game character plushes since 1995

… I think I’ll go check it now.

Mister Crosser said on Jan. 19, 2010

Ah, crap. And my 2009 plushes just arrived today.

Looks like celga has got the likes of me yet again >_>

Anonymous said on Jan. 19, 2010

A 6cm mr. saturn?

These will be more like keychain/straps than plushes, eh?

Mato said on Jan. 19, 2010

I dunno why it says that, everything else makes it out to be another run of the same plushes from before. Either a mistake or it’s referring to something else, it sounds like there’s another survey contest you can enter to win other stuff too.

Anonymous said on Jan. 19, 2010

Hopefully they are the same ones from before, these are hard to come by on ebay and prices are usually too high.
JP yahoo auctions can be a hassle too…

edward said on Jan. 19, 2010

new mrsaturns????

come feb 6 im on ebay

[…] Link addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink […]

Wolfstar said on Jan. 19, 2010

Looks like more Dosei-san plushies will be up for sale on Yahoo Auctions JP.

neonix said on Jan. 19, 2010

I think these might actually be keychains. Looking at the picture, it has some differences from the other two runs. For instance, the hair/antenna looks much thinner and presumably lighter, the bow looks made of thinner & lighter material (probably a real bow from ribbon, not a plush bow like the originals), the whiskers look much shorter, the nose seems to have a hem going straight down the center (the originals have several hems to keep it’s (huge) nose round. This, I believe, is unnecessary and more difficult on a smaller plush, which would make a center hem more reasonable), and the strap behind its head looks thin and is red now. The originals had white straps, and while this may seem like no big deal, they never made it a point to show the strap in the pictures for them, iirc. By pointing out the strap on this run, it would seem to emphasize it being a keychain/phonestrap item.

I, personally, welcome the new bit-sized Saturn plushies, if that is indeed what they are. 🙂

userofdoom said on Jan. 19, 2010

Damn, and I’m all out of cash. Ffffffffffffffffff

neonix said on Jan. 19, 2010

Ok, they are definitely 6cm keychains! I went to take a look at the old page for the last run of plushies, and it seems it was updated.

I like it 8D

Pigmask Private said on Jan. 19, 2010

Great, I need five for a desk Saturn Ladder!

Now, where’s LucasTizma at?

neonix said on Jan. 19, 2010

^lol He’s on aim as always 😛

santiagoff said on Jan. 20, 2010

Why is cell phone internet browsing so popular in Japan? o_o