January 7th, 2010 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 3

Miles V. sent this in a while back and somehow I forgot about it:

Missing the fun of Apple GarageBand, I blew off stress from work by playing with new instruments. If this existed in Mother 3, it would have a 6-8-4 beat pattern, at least the beginning part. What became of this? Only your ears can tell you! Take a listen. Tak Tak Tak eal eal eal ist ist ist en. en. en.

(album art)

(download MP3)

21 Comments to Moonside Remix: Moonsidian

santiagoff said on Jan. 7, 2010

Sounds as strange as the moonside songs themselves ;D

Yoshimad123 said on Jan. 7, 2010

What’s the song that plays at around 1:26? I feel as though I should remember it.

neonix said on Jan. 7, 2010

I always LOVED Moonside and the eery, dreamy feeling the music gave off. Needless to say, this remix is awesome!

[…] Check out the remix track here addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink […]

Portal-Kombat said on Jan. 7, 2010

Cool! At 1:54, there’s a bit of the song “Confusion” from Mother 3!

Springymajig said on Jan. 7, 2010

This is awesome, like if Squarepusher composed the music for Earthbound

Miles Vialpando said on Jan. 7, 2010

@Yoshimad123

After hearing you ask, I had to get help to where I heard the saxophone segment before between 1:14 and 1:26. I didn’t know the name, artist or album until someone listened to me humming the notes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DdwZMouieo

I surprised myself when someone showed me the similarity. Hahaha… The humming/whistling after 1:26 references some background music in Mario Paint.

Marciano36 said on Jan. 7, 2010

sorry but how can i get this cd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw2j7VhB9Hw

Marciano36 said on Jan. 7, 2010
Yoshimad123 said on Jan. 8, 2010

@Marciano36
I’ve seen those videos before, lol.
Yeah, I think those are REALLY rare, I dunno where you could find ’em, though.

Pho3n1xN4om1 said on Jan. 8, 2010

Darn – I promised myself I wouldn’t listen to the samples from those CD’s, as I knew it would only make me want them…but I couldn’t resist! >_< if only they weren't so rare.
I keep collecting these remix things – currently my PSP is full of them(Yes, I cheated on Nintendo with Sony xD) The scary, and rather embarrassing, part is that I have over 500 tracks of MOTHER-related audio, including the official soundtracks…(excuse my english D: this post probably makes no sense at all.)

Marciano36 said on Jan. 8, 2010

so?. there is not any way to have them??? or at least download them?

neonix said on Jan. 8, 2010

@Marciano36

I’ve been trying to get a hold of those CD’s for ages. As of now, they are the rarest Doujin (Japanese fan-made media) Mother albums. The circle’s official site has instructions how to order form them by email, but I and others have tried to order that way through several middlemen like Celga, and they never reply to emails.

I do happen to have digital copies of the albums, and since the owner of the copyrights obviously, for one reason or another, isn’t trying to distribute them for money, I feel no shame in sharing the files. Just toss me an email at doktorrokso@gmail.com (No spam please, it doesn’t taste good ;P).

amorerana said on Jan. 8, 2010

Nice stuff! I could of sworn I heard a part from “Giratina Origin Forme” in there. (Around 1:20) Moonside, Distortion World, both trippy places.

A.R.M. said on Jan. 10, 2010

I suppose it’d be way too much to ask for the .band file too, huh?

Miles Vialpando said on Jan. 15, 2010

@A.R.M.

So you want to mess with the GarageBand .band file? You’ll have most compatibility with GarageBand ’09.

contact_at trigonymedia dot_net.

The Great Morgil said on Feb. 9, 2010

So, wait, i don’t get it. Is there an actual full album for this? or is it just the one song?

Miles Vialpando said on Feb. 12, 2010

It’s a WIP album! This is its first song! Deep Synergy is the second one I am willing to share!

neonix said on Feb. 12, 2010

@Miles, if you get the means to package these up into physical CDs in cases, I’d gladly buy one 😉

neonix said on Feb. 12, 2010

*Once the album is complete of course

deadly_feather said on Aug. 14, 2010