Random Post:

MOTHER Figures Unboxed

January 31st, 2010 | EarthBound, Images

Darius sent this in the other day:

My sister made me a custom EarthBound poster as a gift. It is AMAZING. She designed and drew the whole thing! link

click for big

It does look pretty cool. Good gift idea on her part 😀

16 Comments to Inside the Present Was a Poster!

santiagoff said on Jan. 31, 2010

It’s good, but posters need higher resolutions u_u

LightningLuigi said on Jan. 31, 2010

Very well made! I’ve always wanted to see a poster of a high-def version of the opening screen of EarthBound (the one that says “MOTHER 2: GYIYG STRIKES BACK!” or “EARTH BOUND: THE WAR AGAINST GIYGAS”). I’d totally get it printed and put it in my room.

Ninji said on Jan. 31, 2010

Man, that poster looks pretty sick!

mr.yoshiboy64 said on Jan. 31, 2010

what Ninji said it is sick

Chrissii said on Jan. 31, 2010

@santiagoff, I don’t think the point was for you to be able to print it and use it too… just to show a sample. 🙂 If it was a unique gift for him/her, they probably don’t want a bunch of strangers having it in their rooms too!

This gives me a great idea to do a high-res Earthbound vector art to print & frame for my house, since we are remodeling.. so thanks for that 😀

Yoshimad123 said on Jan. 31, 2010

This is awesome.
I want one. 😀

Zaxtur said on Jan. 31, 2010

That’s so cool. Is it only in digital form or did she give you a print? If so, how big is the print?

Darius K. said on Jan. 31, 2010

She printed and framed a giant version of the poster for me. And yeah, it’s vector art so she can render it at whatever resolution she wants. This was just a sample for my blog.

kalasad said on Jan. 31, 2010

Ooh, cool. I really like that design. Good job to the person who made it.

r0x0r said on Jan. 31, 2010

The original print was 20×30 inches. Then I framed it in a nice, wide-trim, flat black poster frame (hence the frame in the online version).

But as Darius said, it was made as vector art, so it can be any size I want and maintain perfect resolution. The one here was made for blog purposes =)

neonix said on Jan. 31, 2010

I love it! Wish I had one. Great artwork. And your signature is really cool! 😛

Nick said on Feb. 1, 2010

Oh their is the rumor of the baby background in Giygas’ boss battle. I don’t think that’s what it is. More reasonably and moderate evidence points to it being like a fight in their minds. so Giygas is to be in their heads. Para phrasing, “Itoi’s mental damage as a child, Ness’ face before and during the battle, when you remove the outer layer of the head you get in the mind, And once removed that makes you wanna cry scream for your mommies and wet yourself due to mental torture and fear.” Its a battle to remember Ness wont get his head handed to him.

Nick said on Feb. 1, 2010

sorry wrong thread please delete both

Roo said on Feb. 1, 2010

That is awesome!

Maybe she wouldn’t mind making a few more for the Fangamer store… 🙂

neonix said on Feb. 1, 2010

The idea of the Giygas battle being in their heads is interesting, and a cool way to precieve it, but it seems odd since if it was in there heads, how did they actually kill Giygas then? And Pokey actually DID flee into a another time as we know from Mother 3. So I think that’s evidence enough to know the Giygas battle did occur in reality.

However, Ness’ face at the beginning definitely added that certain feeling to the battle even before it began. But the way I see it is that was Giygas’ way of getting into Ness’ head, to mess with his head.

I remember seeing Ness’ face on that thing when I first played and being a bit freaked actually. Bearing in mind I was young, but it still provides that same feeling to me every time I get to that battle.

There’s so much speculation to be made about that battle, I think if we asked Itoi, he’d say it’s whatever you make of it. He seems to like to give the player some free reign over their experience, which is probably why he wanted to make video games to begin with.

Kyoo said on Mar. 9, 2010

I’m so glad there is that store down the street that takes JPG’s and prints pictures on actual posters. I’m so having this made (wouldn’t be my first fan art I had made into a poster)