Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #37

January 11th, 2010 | Auctions, EarthBound, Merchandise

A while back while searching through iTunes for EarthBound/MOTHER stuff, I came across some sort of Giygas-themed song that was on an album for sale. I forgot about it, until Ninji just reminded me about it a few days ago, saying that it was available on Amazon.

The song is called “Gigyas” and is part of an album called “Entertainment System 64”.

Was it misspelled “Gigyas” on purpose? I can’t tell. The other names on the album seem fine.

The song costs $0.99 to download, but you can hear a short preview of the song first. I haven’t heard the full song so I don’t know if it’s any good or not. You can hear the song here.

The album has music from other games too, including Contra, Star Fox, a few Final Fantasies, and a bunch of other classic games. You can check them all out here. From the previews, it sounds like a really rockin’ album, so the choice of having a Giygas track fits well I think.

22 Comments to “Gigyas” Song on Amazon

santiagoff said on Jan. 11, 2010

Interesting. But I’m sure that arrange changes into metal or something sometime, the preview is kinda short XD

Claremonster said on Jan. 11, 2010

The band’s name is Entertainment System, and they’ve had three albums if I recall correctly: Entertainment System, Super Entertainment System, and Entertainment System 64. They also have a rotating amount of members, 20something if I recall. They also sell their music on iTunes. Here is the link that’ll direct you to Entertainment System 64 on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/entertainment-system-64/id292919097

[…] Link addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink […]

Ninji said on Jan. 11, 2010

A whole bunch of people on the internet have misspelled Giygas as Gigyas, like over here for example:http://www.sydlexia.com/snes100/snes09.htm

Halfsan said on Jan. 11, 2010

It took me a minute to realize that Giygas was misspelled. XD

Poe said on Jan. 11, 2010

I think the misspelling was an accident. They have another album called The Computer Always Cheats located here and they misspelled “chemical”. I wonder how they’re getting away with selling this stuff.

dookie said on Jan. 11, 2010

I don’t think they have 20 interchanging members, I played a convention/show with these guys back in august they were really cool. I was very pleased they played giygas live. Anyway, they are all decent guys and I’m sure they won;t mind me uploading their song.

Claremonster said on Jan. 11, 2010

Dookie, I know it’s either them or the OneUps that have that. I didn’t bother researching for a comment post though.

Master Chicken said on Jan. 11, 2010

Bought this on iTunes a few months ago, actually one of the best Giygas covers I’ve heard. This band is EXCELLENT. Check ’em out!

Will said on Jan. 11, 2010

Just bought it on itunes. Its pretty good.

StageProps said on Jan. 11, 2010

They’re pretty much a video game metal band. I’ve bought a few of their songs and they’re all pretty solid. They’re actually based pretty close to where I live, and last I heard they were looking for a guitarist.

That’s their MySpace if anyone is interested.

neonix said on Jan. 12, 2010

HAHAHAHA, they have an album called “The Computer Always Cheats!” That title alone is enough to make me buy.

Dookie said on Jan. 12, 2010

yeah they’re real solid dudes. they put on this show every year called “bit gen gamer fest” and have a bunch of local video game bands play a show at a bar in maryland. it was pretty awesome to see a moshpit for the giygas battle, ha!

Bealzabub said on Jan. 12, 2010

😀 Sweet.

Just got it off of iTunes. :3 The intro to the song is BOSS.

I’d loveLOVELOVEOMG to see them nao. (This song would be amazing to see preformed in real life.)

Ricardo said on Jan. 12, 2010

I just found myself humming the PINGAS Song. I just heard it once, but i don’t know what happened
Anyways, everybody has mispelled Giygas. It’s part of the life cycle.

Dr. Hobo said on Jan. 12, 2010

Yeah I’ve got all their albums and they rock. I really like the Coneria song

PK-Lovin' said on Jan. 12, 2010

What the heck is itunes? Is it something for the iphone?

GiygasFear said on Jan. 13, 2010

what the heck iTunes? How could NOT know what iTunes is, kids these days. *shakes head*

joel said on Jan. 15, 2010

I saw that on itunes a long time a go

Mr. Nosy said on Jan. 17, 2010

One of the good things of this album is the robot on the cover.

Ricardo said on Jan. 27, 2010

Mr. Nossy: I believe that robot is from Megaman. Im not sure, though

yetikirby said on May. 13, 2010

I just bought this song a few days ago….Its so awesome!