MOTHER 3 Happy Town? Cover
Many years ago, I created a simple patch for EarthBound that added a “New Game Plus” type feature to it, similar to what Chrono Trigger has. Michael Cayer then improved the patch further. With this patch, when you beat the game, you’ll then be able to start the game over from the start with all your items, stats, and skills that you had when you finished the game. It gives a neat little twist to the experience that wouldn’t normally be possible.
You can download the patch here:
As always, if you’re not sure how to apply IPS patches to ROMs, you can use the Easy EarthBound Patcher.
I also uploaded a video of it in action. I think the differences will be more interesting and noticeable once you’re in Onett, though.
The one thing I should point out though is that PSI Teleport isn’t fully carried over. Otherwise you’d be able to break the flow of the game and then all kinds of weird would happen. If that’s your sort of thing, you can always use the walk-through-walls code 😛
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to EarthBound with New Game Plus
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.