Shigesato Itoi’s Latest Interview, Fully Translated!
Many years ago, I created a simple patch for EarthBound that added a “New Game Plus” type feature to it, similar to what Chrono Trigger has. Michael Cayer then improved the patch further. With this patch, when you beat the game, you’ll then be able to start the game over from the start with all your items, stats, and skills that you had when you finished the game. It gives a neat little twist to the experience that wouldn’t normally be possible.
You can download the patch here:
As always, if you’re not sure how to apply IPS patches to ROMs, you can use the Easy EarthBound Patcher.
I also uploaded a video of it in action. I think the differences will be more interesting and noticeable once you’re in Onett, though.
The one thing I should point out though is that PSI Teleport isn’t fully carried over. Otherwise you’d be able to break the flow of the game and then all kinds of weird would happen. If that’s your sort of thing, you can always use the walk-through-walls code 😛
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to EarthBound with New Game Plus
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...