Asking for Mr. Saturn Plushies
Many years ago, I created a simple patch for EarthBound that added a “New Game Plus” type feature to it, similar to what Chrono Trigger has. Michael Cayer then improved the patch further. With this patch, when you beat the game, you’ll then be able to start the game over from the start with all your items, stats, and skills that you had when you finished the game. It gives a neat little twist to the experience that wouldn’t normally be possible.
You can download the patch here:
As always, if you’re not sure how to apply IPS patches to ROMs, you can use the Easy EarthBound Patcher.
I also uploaded a video of it in action. I think the differences will be more interesting and noticeable once you’re in Onett, though.
The one thing I should point out though is that PSI Teleport isn’t fully carried over. Otherwise you’d be able to break the flow of the game and then all kinds of weird would happen. If that’s your sort of thing, you can always use the walk-through-walls code 😛
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to EarthBound with New Game Plus
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?