PSI Piano Omega
Many years ago, I created a simple patch for EarthBound that added a “New Game Plus” type feature to it, similar to what Chrono Trigger has. Michael Cayer then improved the patch further. With this patch, when you beat the game, you’ll then be able to start the game over from the start with all your items, stats, and skills that you had when you finished the game. It gives a neat little twist to the experience that wouldn’t normally be possible.
You can download the patch here:
As always, if you’re not sure how to apply IPS patches to ROMs, you can use the Easy EarthBound Patcher.
I also uploaded a video of it in action. I think the differences will be more interesting and noticeable once you’re in Onett, though.
The one thing I should point out though is that PSI Teleport isn’t fully carried over. Otherwise you’d be able to break the flow of the game and then all kinds of weird would happen. If that’s your sort of thing, you can always use the walk-through-walls code 😛
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to EarthBound with New Game Plus
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...