Ye Olde Mr. Saturn Font
I guess it’s no secret that games on the Wii Virtual Console are basically ROMs wrapped in a bunch of other stuff, so shortly after the system was released people figured out how to put custom ROMs onto the Virtual Console. I know you can use the Homebrew Channel to play almost any old game you want, but some people prefer that feel of authenticity. Here’s one guy who went the extra mile to make it look like an authentic, official Nintendo release of EarthBound for the VC:
I don’t know how to do any of this fancy schmancy console modding/hacking stuff, so I can’t help you. But if you’re tired of waiting for the game, this is an option that might tide you over.
For a little more of that authentic feel, you can also try applying a small patch I made that makes some changes to the game that Nintendo would probably make before releasing the game. It’s a very small patch, I only had to change 7 bytes to fix some of the probably more legally troublesome songs in the game. If I can do it, surely Nintendo can, but oh well. I documented the changes in a readme file just in case anyone wants to build off of it. Have fun!
- “What If EarthBound Was Released on the Virtual Console” hack, version 0.1 – (I don’t really plan on releasing any more versions though)
Other Related Posts:
100 Comments to EarthBound, Virtual Console-Style
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?